Actual pin weight on 3560SS

Question
Now that they are putting 3 slides not 4 on many of these units. Wouldn’t the overall and pin weight drop on these units.
Heartland information hasn’t changed. I would think it would be in line with the 3500 with three slides?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since we don't know the weight of the slides, slide mechanism or position if the axles on the frame if would be difficult to speculate what a pin weight could be.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

Since we don't know the weight of the slides, slide mechanism or position if the axles on the frame if would be difficult to speculate what a pin weight could be.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave
They have done away with the slide in a slide in the bedroom on some.
That’s food for thought though. The slide was behind the rear axle, I suppose it could actually raise pin weight a hair. While overall weight would go down.

NYSUPstater

We have a '18 3560SS, slide toppers, 5th Airborne hitch, full propane and right after p/u from dealer (new) went to CAT scale and it weighed in at 14,000 even. Couple months later, loved up for week vaykay, 3 people, now weighed 15,980. Started off w/ a SRW '15 F350, 4x4, cc, sb and was overweight on everything with the tires being my major concern. in 2018. Truck toed it fine, but did add Too Lift Stable Loads to the springs and that aided in reducing the rear spring drop. Truck tho was a tad wiggley and wife felt a tad uneasy when she relieved me at times so I could catch a couple Z's. Compared to the old coach which was much lighter. In 2018, decided that FL in Aug vaykay was decided and knowing the tires were already the weakest link, hated to do it, but swapped the ;15 SRW in for a '17 F350 DRW,4x4,cc and while it stinks in the snow, it is AWESOME for towing this coach. Wife feels much more comfy towing w/ this try and she doesn't tow very much.

Sticker on door jam of the coach says it's under 14K, but CAT scale says otherwise and I trust the scale. FWIW, w/ the dually, fully loaded for a week, 3 people, 35lb dog and cat now weigh just under 25,000. Hope this helps.

Oops, while I went on and on, didn't answer the OP question directly. Empty pin is around 2800 and fully loaded is 3700. Going off memory cuz I cannot find my notebook w/ the weights I wrote down when I weighed it.

Thank You all for your help.
The slide in a slide is right behind the pin. It’s front bedroom. Mine has the single slide.
I contacted Heartland and they told me. Dry pin weight is around 2,350. They figure 18% on fully loaded weight of 16,000. That’s where the 2,880 comes from. Dry it’s 13,240.