Added A couple of heating vents and water filters with a softener to 2017 bc 3965dss

Buffalo33

I grouped these mods together because they work hand in hand. With using my camper for work I don't get to follow the warm weather around. So with that being said I took an idea from my old Newmar Torrey Pine and added to it. I didn't want to have to depend on using heat lamps. So I made an easy modification to the heater line going to the bedroom. I picked the bedroom line because for one the bedroom always runs warmer then the rest of the coach. Two it was the easiest to get to. I also added a piano henge and a couple hook latches to the access panel to make for easy access. I put a T in the bedroom heater duct line then added another T with an adjustable vent to be over the water softener and the adjustable water pressure gauge. That will add enough heat to keep my filters and lines warm as well. Then from the second T I ran a line to the UDC and put another adjustable vent in there to dump warm air in there as well. I did that just to be safe and not freeze up on the brass connections from the hose. Also I plan on building a manifold (an idea I got from this forum) to put in there and the heat will stop that from freezing As well as a little foam pad to cover the big opening where the hose comes in.

I got to test out all these things in Ohio this last month. got down to 3 degrees -15/-20 wind chill and everything worked great. No type of skirting yet I'll have one of those before next winter comes around. I ran the vents just a little open and it kept the basement nice and warm as well as the UDC. I also didn't notice any significant heat loss in the bedroom/bathroom which I thought could happen after tying into that line. But it seemed like it worked just fine.

Its Kind a mess in there. But I can still get to all the stuff I need to get to haha

Attachments

• IMG_4427.JPG
    IMG_4427.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4428.JPG
    IMG_4428.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_4433.JPG
    IMG_4433.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4434.JPG
    IMG_4434.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4496.JPG
    IMG_4496.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4498.JPG
    IMG_4498.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 150

danemayer

I like it. It gets rid of managing bulbs for light fixtures and eliminates the possibility of a hot light fixture falling.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Love it! May have to steal this one. Where did you get the T and the adjustable vents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalo33

Love it! May have to steal this one. Where did you get the T and the adjustable vents?

Thanks, steal away. I got the 2-4" T's, aluminum 4" flex and the vent cover in the UDC at Home Depot the vent over the water system I got from etrailer.com But if I was going to do it again I would have put the same vent I got from Home Depot over the water system. It seems like it has more control over the regulation of heat coming out.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I did somewhat the same thing but I used a wye connector, http://www.homedepot.com/p/3-in-PVC-DWV-H-x-H-x-H-Wye-C4810HD3/100348177 instead to divert more air flow where I wanted it. I didn't take any pics of my set up as I didn't figure anyone would be interested. I diverted air flow from the bathroom line because it gets toasty in there. I still use a heat lamp in the basement with a shockproof bulb. I added another light to the udc and have a foam insulation insert for the door side and the bottom. We have only been able to test it to 20 degrees but so far so good.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did somewhat the same thing but I used a wye connector, http://www.homedepot.com/p/3-in-PVC-DWV-H-x-H-x-H-Wye-C4810HD3/100348177 instead to divert more air flow where I wanted it. I didn't take any pics of my set up as I didn't figure anyone would be interested. I diverted air flow from the bathroom line because it gets toasty in there. I still use a heat lamp in the basement with a shockproof bulb. I added another light to the udc and have a foam insulation insert for the door side and the bottom. We have only been able to test it to 20 degrees but so far so good.

Great info also, thanks!

We use the shop/heat lamp behind the basement wall. Even with the shockproof bulb, we had to replace it about 2-3 times over the winter. I like the idea of the modified duct, as our bathroom vent is pretty toasty!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Great info also, thanks!

We use the shop/heat lamp behind the basement wall. Even with the shockproof bulb, we had to replace it about 2-3 times over the winter. I like the idea of the modified duct, as our bathroom vent is pretty toasty!

The wye connector allows you to divert more air flow. I have another on the bedroom feed from the bathroom feed as we found it to be weak. Now it stays warm up there.