Adding a dishwasher

carl.swoyer

I have a 2012 Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel and I'm considering adding a dishwasher. The link below is for the dw. I'll have to check for the door clearance . Maybe a different model.
My first thought was to remove the island drawers and install it there. Any thoughts, ideas or observations.?
If I do this, the gas oven would be next as we have never used it. I'm considering going to a three burner surface mount and relocate the drawers there.
Thanks

EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Wide 8 Place Setting Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RP2S2R9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LVCSDbJKMRXCG

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

WackyPup

Your other option is to get one of these smaller dishwashers. I have a Midea and my sister has a Magic Chef. She built hers in, mine is in a cart. Ours both have stainless steel interiors and do a fantastic job on the dishes. They hold 6 place settings (you wouldn't believe what I can get in mine - and it all comes out clean LOL) The one you posted says it holds 8, but takes up a lot more room. The other thing I like about the counter top type is that if you have to put your camperin storage, you don't have to worry about winterizing the dishwasher, you can just remove it if it's not built in. Just a thought :) https://www.amazon.com/s?k=COUNTERTOP+dishwasher

Liz

carl.swoyer

Your other option is to get one of these smaller dishwashers. I have a Midea and my sister has a Magic Chef. She built hers in, mine is in a cart. Ours both have stainless steel interiors and do a fantastic job on the dishes. They hold 6 place settings (you wouldn't believe what I can get in mine - and it all comes out clean LOL) The one you posted says it holds 8, but takes up a lot more room. The other thing I like about the counter top type is that if you have to put your camperin storage, you don't have to worry about winterizing the dishwasher, you can just remove it if it's not built in. Just a thought :) https://www.amazon.com/s?k=COUNTERTOP+dishwasher

Liz
Maybe I can store it in the oven location. Wheels are turning

hoefler

This is how I did ours when I remodeled the kitchen.

Attachments

• IMG_20180312_160756933.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20180312_160749726.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20180401_115407822.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20180401_115419079.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 39

Garypowell

All,

I thought I would chime back in on this thread since my name was invoked. I installed the EdgeStar dishwasher back in early 2013 and have loved it ever since. I had a few leaks in the plumbing.....but just my fault. It had been noted that I installed the unit right over the breaker and 12 volt box....and that was a very excellent point. I removed the dishwasher and fashioned a shower pan tray that ended with a slope to it such that the tail went down the hole in the floor where the piping and electrical got into the basement.

I then put a large tub under the whole to catch any water and put a "water alarm" I found at a big box store and ran the alarm back up into the bathroom.

Of course, Like most I would suppose, we never run anything when we are gone. Not being a plumber the alarm sounded a couple of times until I got all the multitude of fitting tight and taped so they would not leak.

The unit does not vent so we just let it sit for a couple of hours before we open it up....and there has never been any mold or steam....or any issues inside the rig.

Nor have there been any issues with our tank. Because I could not get to the sink tank it drains into the same tank with the shower and Splendide washer/dryer.....the level gauges never worked anyway and all has been well with the tank.

We are now stationary but we still use the RV 6 months a year and other than the Induction cook top I installed it has been our favorite mod.

Gary

garyroee

We purchased this Farberware Portable Dishwasher for our city apartment, which does not have a built-in dishwasher. It's a fantastic sleek countertop dishwasher that doesn't need a sink connection, which I've never seen before. It does offer the option of hooking up if desired. Simply plug it in, fill the dispenser with water, and turn it on. It's pretty fun to watch the cycle through the window, and I have to admit, it's really relaxing.

Last edited:

Zamora

We installed a Frigidaire 18 inch in our 2012 Key Largo. Took out the one small and three larger drawers. Had to modify the back and side kick by about an inch. Slide still doesn't touch when in. Power, water and drain were in the island which made for easy hookups. Happy WIFE.

Attachments

• IMG_5844.JPG
    IMG_5844.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5856.JPG
    IMG_5856.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5857.JPG
    IMG_5857.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5858.JPG
    IMG_5858.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 19

carl.swoyer

Very nice!
What is the model number of your dw? Have you had any issue with heat or moisture??

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Does the dishwasher have an electronic lock to keep the door closed?

We have a fisher paykel drawer dishwasher, works great. But the instructions did not include how to lock the drawer for travel. From Indiana to our dealer the drawer opened and closed into the opposite side cabinet door handle.

Last edited:

Zamora

When the door is in the closed position it is locked till you pull it open. 10 years never opened during travel. Never had any issue with moisture. It is on Frigidaire's website however it has been modified with touch controls, otherwise it is the same. Sticks out about 2 inches from the countertop.

tomhank

Farberware gadget is very likely the best tiny portable camping dishwashing I've ever used. Because of its compact size, this machine is considered portable. If you have a tiny travel trailer with a dishwasher and you normally go on excursions alone or with another person, it should be sufficient.