Adding a rear hitch receiver to a 4007

wilsonxjr

Hello fellow RV'ers!

Considering adding a receiver hitch on the back of my 2021 Cyclone 4007. Initially for bikes but could also turn in to towing a small trailer.
I know ... toy hauler ... put everything inside the garage, Unfortunately, we are nearing our weight limit and would really like to have a motorcycle with us.

Any thoughts or recommendations on the idea? Hitch recommendations? Am I crazy considering double-towing behind a 45 ft toy hauler?

Appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

centerline

I think you will be too long... I bought a 35ft bighorn and I did an upgrade to the frame, and changed it from a 2 axle to a 3 axle trailer which allowed me to build a platform to carry both of my atvs behind, i did a lot of searching of the laws before I even bought the trailer, and 35ft trailer was about as long as I could safely use for my "project", and im just a couple feet under the length limit, without having to purchase yearly special oversize permits...
I had a 41ft toy hauler which was nice, but what I have now is a lot better in every way for our needs....

Attachments

• 20210615_140507.jpg
    20210615_140507.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210615_140534.jpg
    20210615_140534.jpg
    851.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210615_153610.jpg
    20210615_153610.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

david-steph2018

Wilsonxjr, what motorcycle are you talking about, and how many bikes? We have a RW 427, with the 1/2 bath in the garage. We carry a Spyder and 2 bikes in the garage. We also have 2 small storage cabinets, also a 22" Blackstone w/stand.
My 10-year old grandson helped to install E-Track on the walls to aid in tying down bikes, cabinets for travel days.

wilsonxjr

I think you will be too long... I bought a 35ft bighorn and I did an upgrade to the frame, and changed it from a 2 axle to a 3 axle trailer which allowed me to build a platform to carry both of my atvs behind, i did a lot of searching of the laws before I even bought the trailer, and 35ft trailer was about as long as I could safely use for my "project", and im just a couple feet under the length limit, without having to purchase yearly special oversize permits...
I had a 41ft toy hauler which was nice, but what I have now is a lot better in every way for our needs....
Thanks for this info. You are right ... I will be too long to tow another trailer. 65 feet seems to be the common max length in most (if not all) states.

wilsonxjr

Wilsonxjr, what motorcycle are you talking about, and how many bikes? We have a RW 427, with the 1/2 bath in the garage. We carry a Spyder and 2 bikes in the garage. We also have 2 small storage cabinets, also a 22" Blackstone w/stand.
My 10-year old grandson helped to install E-Track on the walls to aid in tying down bikes, cabinets for travel days.
I would LOVE to have my garage free for 'toys'. However, we are full-timers and both work remotely. Converted the garage in to our office so we're low on available space. Although that seems to be our only option at this point. We could probably make it work for space, but we'll have to shed some weight to allow for the motorcycle.
Thanks for your response!

david-steph2018

We are full time as well. First year out, we carried a Christmas tree and all the decorations. After that, tree is gone and just a small box of decorations. The half-bath in the garage has become extra storage for small things, and an extra medicine cabinet added to the wall, for extra items.
In the living area, we replaced the 5-person couch with a theater seating unit. Then we added a small desk between it and the fridge.
I totally understand "shedding weight", we changed dishes to a 4-piece Corella dishes, plastic glassware. Changed from heavy pots/pans to the cheaper lighter style. Instead of the 4 baking sheets in the house, we only have the one that fits in the oven.