Adding batteries ?

flyfishing48

I did a search in this forum and found zip.
I am looking for ideas to add 1 or more batteries. The drop down battery box in my coach makes adding a second or third battery a little more difficult. I am wondering what others have done. If anyone has gone the 6 volt route I would like to hear about that as well.
Thanks in advance for your insight.

wyleyrabbit

I have a pair of 6v golf cart batteries wired to act like a single 12v battery. They're pretty good. :) Although I've been tempted to add more solar and more batteries, I really don't need more at this point.

Uncle Rog

Here is a post from 2008, 4 T-105's make a pretty powerful bank......

We did the same as GW, I converted a stk box to a vented unit, here is an old picture with my first cut off switch prior to installing the Xantrex unit........

//heartlandowners.org/forum...8&d=1193691640
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

flyfishing48

It looks like you added two additional batteries to the existing battery. I like the plumbing for the vents.
Thanks for the ideas.
Tom;)

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I added another 12v battry wired to a marine selector switch. I can then use either battery or both for 12 volts. It really helps when powering my inverter to run the frig while traveling.

wdk450

No Plumbing needed for SLA Batteries

It looks like you added two additional batteries to the existing battery. I like the plumbing for the vents.
Thanks for the ideas.
Tom;)

Group:
If you opt for Sealed Lead Acid batteries like those on CraigsList I posted about a couple of weeks ago, you do not need any venting.

rick_debbie_gallant

I think one of the problems with the AGM batteries is charging at a different rate than the LAB's. Not sure if you would need two seperate charging rates or not. FWIW.....

lwmcguir

I don't know a lot about AGM batteries either. We use them in the Camper, ATV, Jet Ski and some other applications. Reason is the fumes and no maintenance. I just don't like having to add water and the fume/corrosion/hydrogen explosion issue. We do use a charger for bench work that has an AGM setting. Someone that knows more about them could help us out here.

branson4020

Icantre Member
AGM batteries have the same charging profile as "ordinary" batteries. Gel Cells, which are sometimes confused with AGM, require a lower charging rate.

lwmcguir

Thanks for clearing that up. We have had good luck with the AGM's ever since they became readily available.