adding shock absorbers

roy67ss

Hi all, I am getting ready to add shock absorbers to the suspension on my 2011 Road Warrior. Has anyone done this? I have searched and the search engine doesn't come up with anything. I am interested in any experiences/advise with this process.

Last edited:

Routemaster

This is on our last RV I changed the angle of the factory install bent studs to replace them with Monroe correct angle.

Attachments

• New welded.JPG
    New welded.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Shocks lay to low.JPG
    Shocks lay to low.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 25

LBR

Hi all, I am getting ready to add shock absorbers to the suspension on my 2011 Road Warrior. Has anyone done this? I have searched and the search engine doesn't come up with anything. I am interested in any experiences/advise with this process.
Not sure if a 2011 RW is the same as later years, but this is the shock placements on our 2017 CY.... it may give an idea how they are angled?
4a1767848f80ff2f6123d17e2689dde6.jpg

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

I had put Joy Rider shocks on my Big Horn. They worked well. Looks like Lippert purchased them and are now called Comfort Ride Trailer Suspension System. Etrailer and Tweetys have them.

roy67ss

Not sure if a 2011 RW is the same as later years, but this is the shock placements on our 2017 CY.... it may give an idea how they are angled?
4a1767848f80ff2f6123d17e2689dde6.jpg
Thanks for the picture but, I have dual axles and it will not be anything like that triple setup.

Routemaster

Hey Lance.
Do you see any reason why like on your Roadmaster Slipper we still could not install the shocks on the U bolt keep plate to the frame instead of how yours was done?
Den.

LBR

Hey Lance.
Do you see any reason why like on your Roadmaster Slipper we still could not install the shocks on the U bolt keep plate to the frame instead of how yours was done?
Den.
I will have to slide underneath it sometime for another look-see...been awhile since seeing how it is attached and if those long of shocks could be feasibly used to just the spring-pack retainer without hitting something else "in the way"....lol