Ahhh Jesse James

We have a 2015 cyclone toyhauler, and have been full timing for about three years...

What i am finding is that when something breaks and I repair it, I come away incredulous that the system lasted at all.
I am finding shoddy workmanship, cheap inadequate parts, no decent schematics showing basic systems, and corners that are cut too close to be safe.

When I try and repair the original design flaws, I find that some of the problems are the result of the ineptness of the builders... I would hate to think that these issues are, due to a lack of caring or dearth of pride in one's work and product.

Are there any standards that these rv builders must meet before taking unsuspecting customers money?

I wonder how many people have been injured, killed, or simply left twisting in the breeze...while builders laugh on their way to the bank...

Other issues, aside from improperly installed sewage pipes cobbled together with rubber sleeves....kitchen sink literally dropped, separated from the countertop...tub in garage dropping and separating from wall, rivets popping out of bathroom wall...not to mention the living room slide out literally falling off of the rig...

We are literally rebuilding the rig, one step at a time...

maybe rv companies should sell plans instead of finished products...

Last edited by a moderator:

Squirlee

I completely agree. I have completely redone the entire dump plumbing for all 3 tanks and just finished redoing the 12v electrical. I am currently fixing a crack in the side of my trailer caused by a screw installed during manufacture. Every time I open a door or look behind the scenes of the trailer I absolutely shake my head wondering how do they get away with such shoddy workmanship? Does no one actually regulate the building of these things?

And no, I don't buy the theory that they only pump so many out so they can get away with shoddy workmanship.