Air admittance valve

RayBliss

Does a 2012 Heartland Road Warrior 405RW toy hauler have an air admittance valve somewhere under the kitchen sink? We have a terrible sewage odor that comes and goes in the upper kitchen cabinets and people of been mentioning the air admittance valve but we cannot find one.

danemayer

Air admittance valves are usually found in kitchen islands where there's no vent pipe. Looks like this:

Studor Air Admittance Valve.jpg

RayBliss

Our sink is on the wall opposite the bathroom and the vent pipe goes up between that wall. The smell is coming from inside the upper cabinets.59620D86-D6EC-4752-B2E3-A6A64524CD4C.jpeg

SLO

The pics under the kitchen sink from your last post shows no air admittance valve. How did the camera work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RayBliss

Everything looked fine with the camera. And we went up on the roof and the vent pipes weren’t loose and the seal is not cracked. The smell went away for a couple of weeks but came back today. So frustrating!

SLO

Since you have the camera. Look up inside the wall from that hole where the vent pipe goes up under the kitchen sink. Look for
shifted pipe, discoloration, moisture, anything unusual.

RayBliss

Since you have the camera. Look up inside the wall from that hole where the vent pipe goes up under the kitchen sink. Look for
shifted pipe, discoloration, moisture, anything unusual.

Thanks! We did look around inside that area with the camera when we first got it but didn’t see anything like you described. We’re trying to use the camera now and it’s not working. :(

SLO

With that wall shared with the bathroom there is likely more vent pipes going up that wall. The source of smell may be one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO

Studs are spaced at whatever. Home are 16” to 24”. Don’t know what RV are. But other stud bays may have vents pipes in them.

carl.swoyer

May want to inspect the belly for water intrusion. That can create the same smell and come up through the floor where the pipes come through.
Ask me how I know. Lol

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Well funny you should ask.lol
I found a section of my Coloplasti had opened allowing water in. When I removed the water soaked insulation it smelled like gray water. I verified that the water/ grey tanks were ok.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk