Air bags

porthole

Retired
Proof - or it didn't happen.

When I was checking air bags for my GMC a big push at the time with Airlift was that for a given bag application, the airlift bag was a larger diameter.

A larger diameter bag took less air pressure for a given load. Theory being you could load up equal trucks with each bag brand and get a better ride with Airlift.

I have dealt with customer service for warranty issues with both Firestone and Airlift.

Firestone stinks. Airlift has been great.

I have used Firestone and worked great for the 3 years I had them. Installation was a breeze for anyone who can remove a tire. Didn't get the compressor and probably will will my new rig.

danemayer

I have used Firestone and worked great for the 3 years I had them. Installation was a breeze for anyone who can remove a tire. Didn't get the compressor and probably will will my new rig.
Hi Jasondambrosio,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for joining the discussion.

Blue Oval

Jasondambrosio:382269 said:

Can you add the compressor later if you decide you want it?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Actually yes add a T to each line then you can use both
Yes, that's what I have.

I also have an extra valve just off the compressor.
I use it with an air hose to fill tires and my Trailair pinbox.
Not super high flow for tires, but it will get there eventually.
It's reassuring to know I have air onboard when I need it. Trace

olcoon

Can't help myself! When I first saw the subject line on this thread, 3 days ago, I thought it was about my ex-wife & ex-mother-in-law!!! I know I'm evil, but I can't help it!!! :angel:

jimtoo

Can't help myself! When I first saw the subject line on this thread, 3 days ago, I thought it was about my ex-wife & ex-mother-in-law!!! I know I'm evil, but I can't help it!!! :angel:

IF you check back,, I think someone posted that about you.... :) as the AB..... new abbreviation... AB=air bag. :) ♥ ♥ ♥
I don't think I just made this up,,, maybe??? Gee it's hard to get old like you..

Unknown poster!

olcoon

I think you've been hanging Story Fest too much! Or is it, the first liar doesn't stand a chance?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I have Firestone's and Air Lifts...both are good.
If you want the best performance don't use a auto. compressor and don't "tee" the bag air line piping together.