Air Bubbles under Roof

Galluta

I have a 2018 Bighorn 3160el. I have several large air bubbles forming along the edges of my roof as it bends vertical over the sides. It is as if there was no adhesive applied there. I've heard there is a 10 year warranty on the new roofs but I am not the original owner. Would this qualify and do I need to be worried about this?

carl.swoyer

Hello there,
You may want to attach pictures of the problem area.
Second, call or email heartland customer service with the last six of your vin and pictures to see what they say.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

I have a 2018 Bighorn 3160el. I have several large air bubbles forming along the edges of my roof as it bends vertical over the sides. It is as if there was no adhesive applied there. I've heard there is a 10 year warranty on the new roofs but I am not the original owner. Would this qualify and do I need to be worried about this?
RV warranties pretty much apply to the first owner only. And the 10 year warranty on the Dicor rubber roof is for the material only, not for the installation. Installation defects would fall under the Heartland warranty to the first owner.

But a call to Heartland doesn't cost anything other than a little of your time. You might ask for an opinion on what causes this, and how it might be remedied. At the end of the discussion, you can ask if Heartland would like to help with the repair. They might help as a goodwill accommodation.
Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. You'll also want to have several clear pictures ready to email so they can easily understand the problem.

LBR

Personally, I am skeptical about going thru the hassle of having an entire new roof installed when minor bubbling could be fixed by another, simple means.

Our CY has had a few small bubbles on top, but haven't gotten any worse thru the years yet. This is a non-issue now, but if I ever get the whim to repair, I have my own repair method.

Quality water based exterior glue, wax paper, weights, tape, paper towels, bucket with water, and my poultry injector with the 3" needle.

Inject SMALL amounts of glue thru rubber in as many places as needed for each bubble. Press down the rubber to squeeze/spread glue around, cover all injected perforations with wax paper, tape paper down, and weight down that entire bubble for 2 days. The worst thing cosmetically that may need to be done is a dab of Dicor on each needle mark, but I doubt it would be necessary if glue oozes onto the wax paper.

Your bubbles on the rolled sides could also be done same way, except without weights. After smooshing the glue around, use long strips of tape from good part of roof, around wax-papered edge, and onto trailer siding to apply the smack-down theory.

I used this same format to fix our CY's delaminated plywood slide bottoms. On the bedroom front side of slide, I let the sun warm up my glue...BIG mistake! The other 3 repairs, the glue went into the refrigerator beforehand....MUCH better!!

cdurbin

Did you ever call Heartland about this?

We purchased a used camper and I noticed the same thing on ours. Unfortunately, it’s not as visible during the day, but at night with our exterior house lights on you see all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galluta

Did you ever call Heartland about this?

We purchased a used camper and I noticed the same thing on ours. Unfortunately, it’s not as visible during the day, but at night with our exterior house lights on you see all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did contact Heartland. In there opinion it was cosmetic. Of course, what else would they say. Because it isn't failing, they're not going to accept responsibility for it and may not ifcitxwas failing.