Air conditioning

chunker

In the new Bighorn it appears that both are fully ducted and both do not have the ceiling plate, but rather remotely placed air returns. We have a PT Crusader that has for the main air and it's much quieter than the type with a ceiling box return. Assuming that both airs are that way, how long has Bighorn been doing that? I am going to research used models and need to know what to expect. If I see a model online that interests me IF the pictures include the ceiling I can tell but often pictures don't show that. Thinking the 3160 model as it's a length and weight we want.

Thanks

jbeletti

The center plate is referred to as the Chill Grate. I’m guessing the Bighorn AC hasn’t had this for at least 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chunker

The center plate is referred to as the Chill Grate. I’m guessing the Bighorn AC hasn’t had this for at least 5 years.

I looked at a variety of used Bighorns online and in 14s or 15s I could see the chill grate ceiling assembly. In 16 or later I couldn't see any but very few had pictures with much ceiling showing.

jbeletti

I looked at a variety of used Bighorns online and in 14s or 15s I could see the chill grate ceiling assembly. In 16 or later I couldn't see any but very few had pictures with much ceiling showing.

Could be about right. Model year changes April/May. So those may have been produced early 2013 and 2014.