Air Fryer / Oven combo not working

spankimo

Hello all, I have a 2023 Trail Runner 27RKS with the updated oven. It's an air fryer oven, and does not use gas; it's fully electric. Unfortunately, mine does not work. All burners on the range work, as well as all knob accent lights and interior oven light, do work. When I turn the oven knob to the desired temperature (as per Suburban usage instructions in the manual), nothing happens at all apart from the knob light changing from white to red. The fan does not kick on and the heating element does not produce heat. According to the manual, there are no other steps other than turning the knob to activate it. I think the switch is functional because I hear the characteristic activating noise that RV ovens tend to make when you turn the heat on. Where do you think I should start my troubleshooting? How are these things "plugged in?" I'd highly prefer not to have to bring the unit in after only having it for a week and two days. Thank you

david-steph2018

Hello all, I have a 2023 Trail Runner 27RKS with the updated oven. It's an air fryer oven, and does not use gas; it's fully electric. Unfortunately, mine does not work. All burners on the range work, as well as all knob accent lights and interior oven light, do work. When I turn the oven knob to the desired temperature (as per Suburban usage instructions in the manual), nothing happens at all apart from the knob light changing from white to red. The fan does not kick on and the heating element does not produce heat. According to the manual, there are no other steps other than turning the knob to activate it. I think the switch is functional because I hear the characteristic activating noise that RV ovens tend to make when you turn the heat on. Where do you think I should start my troubleshooting? How are these things "plugged in?" I'd highly prefer not to have to bring the unit in after only having it for a week and two days. Thank you
Is this a new rig?
Did it work okay when you did your walk-thru at the dealer? If so, what is different from then and now that you are doing?

spankimo

saw in a different forum that spankimo found loose wire on rear of unit, Easy fix for him
Thank you sir, we did find that the outlet somehow didn't get installed so we are ordering an outlet and wiring it in. Problem (hopefully) resolved.

Last edited:

spankimo

Is this a new rig?
Did it work okay when you did your walk-thru at the dealer? If so, what is different from then and now that you are doing?
Hi David, yes a week old. We didn't check the oven. First time buyer and didn't know what to look for. The live wires for the oven were hanging behind with no outlet.

rhodies1

I wonder if this unit ever made it to their NEW PDI facility, if so ,whet do they check.
How could you not install the electrical box as required... no quality control