Alaska Bound.

jagiv

We have departed Central NY and are in northern MI bound for Alaska. We meet our Alaska RV Discovery Tour group 6/24 in Hazelton, BC. Any other HOC members headed that way now?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We plan to make the Alaska trip next year, but this year we are going to Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Vancouver then back into Washingto State.

It would be nice to see you post your trip on this or another thread.

BC

brianharrison

We plan to make the Alaska trip next year, but this year we are going to Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Vancouver then back into Washingto State.

It would be nice to see you post your trip on this or another thread.

BC

We are in Calgary - Let me know if you want any suggestions for RV parks or sights to see....

Brian

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Eddhuy

Beautiful country. I have spent many years in Alaska while in the Coast Guard. I drove back from Homer in April of 88. The ground is still frozen in April, the roads are in better shape when the ground is frozen but that was a while back, they have probably made improvements since then and probably more cars on the road now. Wildlife was abundant and had to stop more than once to let the buffalo clear the road. I spent 2 years in Petersburg, halfway between Juneau and Ketchikan, and 3 years on Kodiac Island. That does not include years on cutters patroling the waters in AK and Aleutian Islands. Enjoy your trip, it should be fun.

aatauses

We came up last summer, liked it so well we stored the RV and spent the winter up here in Kenai. You will have an enjoyable trip and no issue with the roads if you are careful and not go too fast---enjoy the adventure. If you do make it to the Kenai area we are in the Diamond M Resort--stop in and say hello, or if you need something, let us know.
You can see our travel up here including photos on our blog, www.atauses.blogspot.com
Drive safe.
al

jagiv

Great responses. Special hello to TXBobcat. We met at NE HOC Rally last fall.

Pat has started a travel blog at
http://Patriciagaines.wordpress.com

Between FaceBook and Wordpress it s too much to add an HOF blog. Feel free to check in with us from time to timely Wordpress or here.

We will be spending a week in the UP of MI area before heading up to Winnipeg for the trip across CA. Plan to take our time with 3 day stops here and there. We come down to Calgary from Rocky Mountain House around 6/14 and spend four nights there before taking the Banff to Jasper route. Already have the PC sites booked at Banff and Jasper. Then head to Hazelton, BC to meet Alaskan Discovery RV Tour group on 6/24. We will finish up in Kenai on 7/29.

Time to pack up and move to St. Ignace.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
If you want to catch salmon and stay away from the tourist driven Kenai/Russian go to Valdez it's where the residents go!

Theresau

Have greatly enjoyed your blog. Would love to do this. Noted that the tour is pricey but looks like it was worth it.