All New LM365 Newport

T

TomMontague

I wanted to reach out to all the owners at the Heartland National Rally who had a chance to tour the new LM365 and who left comments and suggestions. I really appreciate all the kind words. I also wanted to give a big shout out to Jim Beletti for his hard work and dedication to the club. Heartland wouldn't be what it is today without him. Great Work Jim....

Since the Rally we've been extremely busy. We've visited 8 states and have had countless dealers tour the product. Its been fun telling LM365 story and seeing the reaction to the product itself. The Baby Boomer market is ready to explode into the full-timer product segment and we believe LM365 is now positioned to take advantage of this popularity. For those of you who know me, I'm extremely competitive and nothing but LM365 being the number one full-time, residential fifth wheel on the market will do.

I believe in the product, I believe in our team, I believe in our dealer body, and most of all I believe in the power and influence current Heartland owners have in helping people make a wise buying decision. WE DON'T WANT SOB's.... ( some other brands ) for those who might not know the Heartland Forum lingo...

I wish I could have made Rally. The STORY and a private TOUR is really the only way to experience the all new LM365. Without the reasons behind some of the decisions and without someone really walking you through the new design and showing you each little feature- its hard to see everything that separates us from the competition.

To start - the outside paint scheme includes a heavy dose of white diamond paint. White diamond was our number one base at Carriage and it happens to be the number one selling truck color in North America. Black is number two which is the second consistent color in our scheme and then comes Silver, Red, Brown and Blue. AT&T the top selling truck colors are represented to hopefully new owners can find a design that best matches their truck. The paint package is also designed to reflect heat - most of our customers are sun seekers - we wanted a paint package that would separate us from the competition and give us an advantage over them. Almost everyone at this price point has gone dark - we went the opposite way and went back to a white roof and white a/c's. Again to reflect heat, not absorb it and therefore work more efficiently.

Another cool feature added to the outside is the personalized name plate. When we get your retail registration we will send you a personalized, powder coated aluminum sign with your name engraved in it. " The Montagues " for example. The sign hangs on the outside of the rig in a designated spot and has a dedicated plug. The sign is LED and let's owners proudly display who the owners are in a new way. During our campground visits and research it was clear owners like to personalize their camp sites with home made signs, store bought welcome signs and different things along those lines usually hung from the FW hitch or pounded in the ground near the camp site. Hopefully everyone likes this "special" touch. For those not wanting to display your name you can choose a generic "Welcome" lighted sign. For this really not wanting company you can choose "Private coach - Not for Hire". Just joking but you can choose a "welcome" sign.

Thats all for now - I will try and run through the inside next, detailing all the new features and upgrades room by room. Talk soon

Tom Montague
Heartland RV
GM Landmark

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We saw the personalized sign and was very much intrigue with it.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for the info Tom. While we are a ways from upgrading to something like the Newport it was nice to walk through and imagine some of the things that might be available in the future in our price point. I too liked the outdoor sign. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Tom, I enjoyed meeting you in May with Jim B, when we were in Shipshewana and seeing the Newport. I was even more impressed with the new additions when we saw it again in Urbanna and I can't wait to see the other models once they are changed.

Keep up the good work!

porthole

Retired
Just my 2 cents on the paint.

We are big fans of the non standard white whatever it is called. White diamond, tri-coat etc. We currently have our 3rd and 4th vehicles that are the extra cost premium white. And odds are the next vehicles will be upgraded white. My truck may not look like it, but when clean and in the sun it really looks great.

But, the full body paint on the Newport did not "jump out" like what I have come to expect from the upgraded whites, and to be honest, I thought it looked like a half body paint until we looked close enough to actually see that it was paint. And even looking close up, I still thought that it may have been just gel coat that was cleared over until Andy told us it is indeed full paint.

For a $10,000 option, it should not look like half body paint.

And I was justing getting used to the silver scheme and figured that color would be a top contender for the next rig.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it :rolleyes:

T

TomMontague

That's fair and I appreciate your input, we aren't always going to agree on everything - it's my job to try and appeal to as many as possible and to try and set LM365 apart from the competition. White Diamond base paint and the energy efficient story is one way I hope to do it.

We all basically have the same canvas - 8' wide and 40' long - what can we do to make ours stand out? Look at the new LM365 next to the competition - it looks fresh with clean lines in my opinion. DRV, Lifestyles, Trilogy, Redwood - line them up and you'll see what I'm talking about - they all look the same, they all use lots of dark paint - the LM365 went the other way. Class A Motorhomes are starting to trend to white as well.

Call it an educated guess - I'm sorry you don't care for it but I hope the combination of inside and outside features and innovations help set it apart from the competition and convince you LM365 is right for you.

e3enanaz.jpg
asugemy9.jpg

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I really like the paint, however, the raised graphics and especially the "lion's head" made it look too much like a Redwood....IMHO. If we're trying to have our own identity we don't want to be mistaken for someone else. The thing about Heartlands in their current form...I can spot one coming down the road from quite a distance because they look like no other....

T

TomMontague

Here is the current Redwood paint package in their number one color.

5eneva3e.jpg
umy2a3yz.jpg
rupuhy8a.jpg

Here is all our major competition. I'll see what exterior pictures I have when I get to the office for a total side by side comparison of them all.

Last edited:

Bryced15

Tom, have you considered putting slam baggage door latches on the front compartment door? It seems everyone else has gone to them on every exterior door just like the photo of the Redwood you just posted. So much nicer than the cheap twist latches.

T

TomMontague

Thanks for your input. We are going slam latch all the way around. The proto Newport and a few more don't have it but the change has already been made moving forward.

porthole

Retired
I really like the paint, however, the raised graphics and especially the "lion's head" made it look too much like a Redwood....IMHO. If we're trying to have our own identity we don't want to be mistaken for someone else. The thing about Heartlands in their current form...I can spot one coming down the road from quite a distance because they look like no other....

I liked the raised graphics. There is nothing yet that I have seen that has it.
The Lion's head - have no opinion either way.

So, is it a Landmark Newport or a Landmark 365?

Bryced15

That's good news on the slam latches all the way around. Glad to hear that.

On the full body paint. I like what you've done with the full body paint scheme and raised graphics, but I've noticed the competition has gone to wrapping the full body paint up onto the roof which gives a much higher end class A motorhome look. I wouldn't think this would cause any heat issues as you're only adding 6-8 inches of paint. Has this been considered on the Landmark 365?

WhyNot

Is their really any competition Mr Montague at the price point that the Landmark line is in at this time. I believe the answer is not at all.

David

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I liked the raised graphics. There is nothing yet that I have seen that has it.
The Lion's head - have no opinion either way.

So, is it a Landmark Newport or a Landmark 365?

My problem with the raised graphics is it's not paint...it is some sort of adhered graphic that will eventually come off. As for the Lion I think it looks gaudy...JMHO.

T

TomMontague

The Landmark brand is now Landmark 365 or LM365. The Newport is simply the first model in the new LM365 series. We will have between 6-8 floor plans total. The next to come out is the Ashland which is a revised Savannah and then shortly behind will be the Key Largo under a new name.

porthole

Retired
My problem with the raised graphics is it's not paint...it is some sort of adhered graphic that will eventually come off. As for the Lion I think it looks gaudy...JMHO.

And that is why we have Chocolate and vanilla.

On the plus, if you bought one, and didn't like the lion, you could peel it off.

porthole

Retired
The Landmark brand is now Landmark 365 or LM365. The Newport is simply the first model in the new LM365 series. We will have between 6-8 floor plans total. The next to come out is the Ashland which is a revised Savannah and then shortly behind will be the Key Largo under a new name.

Will all the info be out be September 8th?

T

TomMontague

We are working on a painted graphic - the problem is they don't look good. Cars don't have painted on graphics, trucks don't have them either - everything is raised, look good and people don't worry about them coming off or fading. We need to hold our graphics companies to the same standard. I've used this style graphic with great success in the past and don't anticipate any issues with the current style.

WhyNot

High quality ... style, upgrades, paint and graphics are all moving solidly in the right direction. But, will the cost to prospective new owners be roughly 125 to 150 a month more for a 20 year loan have some having to put a purchase on hold or on the back burner for a bit. I believe the base on the LM Newport coming out is around $ 18,000 more than all models currently distributed.