Aluminum Alloy Wheels

sdph

I am new here I have just purchased our first 5th wheel RV...of course it is used, but still, a 2017 Heartland Bighorn Traveler....So far we are loving it, but we had a couple of blowouts getting it home. Not to much to our surprise we found out through later investigating when we returned home that this 5th wheel was to have had 14ply tires on it as standard? There were 10ply on it when we bought it and I assumed they were good tires? They were dated 8/16...and plenty of thread. No dry rot that we could see, as myself and my brother in law, who was assisting the RV check out with me.
Anyways, to make a long story short, at out arrival, and backing into my sons yard, I happen to notice that we had no tire on our 2nd blowout. Thanked the Lord that someone stopped us on the first one, about 200 miles from our final destination. They were indeed a very caring couple and could not have thanked them enough !!
Anyway, to proceed, we had no rubber at all, and our alloy rim was toasted. Needless to say, I was furious, but , we did make it home safely.( To our surprise).. I'm here to tell you that I did not feel anything wrong, nor did my wife going down the road. Road and drove like a champ. Speed and handling were no problem !!. God was and is good to us!!
We are looking into a TPMS for our 5th wheel, along with an Alloy Rim, 16"....
I would like to know where I can find a rim, whether it be used (preferred), or new ?
If there is anyone out here that could assist and point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.
We currently live in Odessa Texas, but are planning on traveling out of state and up north come end of March, 2019...at least a few month's journey.
We have sold our home and are looking for more pleasant country...
Any help would be great..
Thanks, sdph..

jimtoo

Hi sdph,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What is the brand of tire that was on the trailer? As for a new wheel, contact Tredit Tire and you may be able to get a matching replacement. Take a look at the inside surface of the wheel. There should be a weight rating stamped into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary521

As John said, contact Tredit Tire. They supply the aluminum rims. I just replaced one on my trailer. Take a picture of one on your trailer and they can match it.

As one tire lets go, it puts all the trailer weight on the tire next to it. That will cause that one to fail shortly regardless of what it looks like on the outside.

sdph

I appreciate every ones input and responses. I have contacted Tredit Tire and await their response.

When we bought this RV, about 1 month ago, tires all appeared good and were 10ply. We only had 350 miles
to travel home and did not suspect and problems..little be known, expect the unexpected (big brother, haha).
Did not even bring a tire iron, how stupid of me.....lucky for me, we have a six point auto leveling system..
Anyways, enough of our problems, bit thanks again for the assist.
We have bought new, 14 ply tires, and will buy two more to keep as spares...just in cast these fantastic highways
and interstates remain intact ??

sdph in Odessa Texas.