Aluminum Wheel Cleaner/polish

Westwind

I'm looking for suggestions of a product to polish the aluminum wheels on my 2012 Bighorn, even though I wash them regularly they have gotten really lousy looking. The finish is spidered and sort of corroded and I'd like to clean them up and polish them up. I take care of our Bighorn and I definately don't like the way they look which is neglected.
Any suggestions on products would be greatly appreciated. I just returned from the auto parts store and anything they had looks like 20 year old repackaged stuff thats been around for years and is just a run of the mill cleaner or polish. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

If they are spidering you have corrosion under the clear coat

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There is no home remedy for filiform corrosion (that's what it's called) that forms under the clear coat on aluminum wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Consider calling Tredit first, they have a lifetime guarantee on the wheels. If there is a defect, they may replace them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yep, and if you chip the paint mounting the tires........your back at square one. Tredit tire is the 1st place I would go. 2nd would be a price on stripping the wheels and re-powder coating the wheels.