Ambassador Program - General Discussion Thread

jbeletti

Any discussion or questions about the Ambassador Program can be made here as a Post Reply to this thread.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK JB, what does being an Ambassador need to do beside tout the HL brand. I don't have to buy an Nash Rambler do I ?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
OK JB, what does being an Ambassador need to do beside tout the HL brand. I don't have to buy an Nash Rambler do I ?

Gosh Bob, if that's the requirement, count me in. I loved my Nash Rambler. Sure wish I still had it. Or better yet a Nash Metropolitan. Oh wait, I owned a Nash Ambassador not a Rambler. Either way count me in.:)

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I havle always felt I already was an ambassador. What else can I do to help out?

jbeletti

Great discussion :)

I agree - by extension of being a Heartland product owner, we can all be Heartland Ambassadors and many of us do this actively.

Chapter Leaders of course have an inherent Ambassador component built-into them in putting on rallies and other events. Keep doing what you are doing Mark :) Consider having a non-rally event in the middle of winter (meet and greet at a restaurant perhaps or a meet up at an RV show in OH).

For Bob and others wondering, while this is not meant to be a comprehensive list of qualifications and duties, here is a quick summary:

• A Regional Ambassador is one who travels extensively within a specific region of the country (several states/provinces in the same year)
  • A Nomadic Ambassador is one who travels extensively around North America within a given year
  • Holding open house events in campground, at RV shows etc., "not during a Heartland", at many campgrounds and venues through their region of North America or all of North America (nomads) is the primary activity of the Ambassador
  • The events include:
    - Setting up a literature table
    - Displaying a Heartland banner
    - Displaying a Heartland flag
    - Giving out Heartland branded goodies
    - Making available product literature
    - Telling the Heartland story
    - Setting out/serving refreshments (coffee, doughnuts etc.)
    - Making presentations (rally pictures, construction and plant pictures)
    - Educating about the Forum, the Club, Facebook pages, the Wiki,
    the Manuals downloads area etc.
    - Education on Portal and Forum usage
    - Opening up their own RV for tours
    - Asking and answering questions
    - Other items as we think of them, as we try new things, as Ambassadors
    come up with more

klindgren

Great discussion :)

I agree - by extension of being a Heartland product owner, we can all be Heartland Ambassadors and many of us do this actively.

Chapter Leaders of course have an inherent Ambassador component built-into them in putting on rallies and other events. Keep doing what you are doing Mark :) Consider having a non-rally event in the middle of winter (meet and greet at a restaurant perhaps or a meet up at an RV show in OH).

For Bob and others wondering, while this is not meant to be a comprehensive list of qualifications and duties, here is a quick summary:

• A Regional Ambassador is one who travels extensively within a specific region of the country (several states/provinces in the same year)
  • A Nomadic Ambassador is one who travels extensively around North America within a given year
  • Holding open house events in campground, at RV shows etc., "not during a Heartland", at many campgrounds and venues through their region of North America or all of North America (nomads) is the primary activity of the Ambassador
  • The events include:
    - Setting up a literature table
    - Displaying a Heartland banner
    - Displaying a Heartland flag
    - Giving out Heartland branded goodies
    - Making available product literature
    - Telling the Heartland story
    - Setting out/serving refreshments (coffee, doughnuts etc.)
    - Making presentations (rally pictures, construction and plant pictures)
    - Educating about the Forum, the Club, Facebook pages, the Wiki,
    the Manuals downloads area etc.
    - Education on Portal and Forum usage
    - Opening up their own RV for tours
    - Asking and answering questions
    - Other items as we think of them, as we try new things, as Ambassadors
    come up with more

I doubt I travel often and far enough to be an "official" Ambassador, but let's see:
I already display my Heartland banner and HOC flag whenever we set up camp.
I don't have Heartland goodies or product literature to give out but;
I sing the praises of my Heartland trailer, give tours to all that express an interest, always have the coffee pot or pitcher of lemonade ready, talk about how great and educational the Forum is and how much I've learned since joining.
I love to answer questions about my Heartland

I guess that kinda makes me an "unofficial" ambassador.:):)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I doubt I travel often and far enough to be an "official" Ambassador, but let's see:
I already display my Heartland banner and HOC flag whenever we set up camp.
I don't have Heartland goodies or product literature to give out but;
I sing the praises of my Heartland trailer, give tours to all that express an interest, always have the coffee pot or pitcher of lemonade ready, talk about how great and educational the Forum is and how much I've learned since joining.
I love to answer questions about my Heartland

I guess that kinda makes me an "unofficial" ambassador.:):)

Would we expect anything less from Santa?!

klindgren

Would we expect anything less from Santa?!

Ah yes, it all starts in ernest tonight the the City of Suffolk Grand Illumination and Santa arriving on his Santa Motorcycle. Tomorrow and Sunday are the Indian River Craft Show in Chesapeake (with Mrs. Claus) and it just gets busier and busier from then on. I LOVE this season.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I think most Heartland owners are already ambassadors. I know we are we have been Heartland owners since January 2011, ans so far 2 other members of our Goodsam group have bought Heattland 5th wheels. One a BigHorn 3585 like ours and the other a Landmark.. We wer our Heartland Shirts and hats display our plaque on the side of our rig. As well as talking about our rig all the time.. Unlike a lot of folks in this forum we have not had any problems with our 2011 3585 RL
that I couldn't fix myself. I would love to be an ambassador. How do we get the literature and free stuff to give to others..I really think the product sells it's self. We have people coming up to us all the time wanting to look at our rig. and making comments about it. So what ever we need to do to be ambassadors let me know. We do travel a lot thru the Okla. Texas, Arkansas, Kansas area. Our area will expand west and north in the near future...
Thanks..

Larry and Donna Keever
HOC1811
2010 Ford F350 FX4 Dually Diesel
2011 BigHorn 3585 RL
Good Sam Life Members

jbeletti

Hi Larry and Donna,

I agree with you, a good many of Heartland product owners are defacto Heartland Ambassadors. Thank you for that.

The Heartland Ambassadors program is a more involved one. There are 3 ambassador couples at this time. There is no budget or plan at this time to expand from that. As such, no literature or free stuff to send you and other Heartlanders. Sorry :(

Prospective owners are encouraged to go to Heartland's website at www.heartlandrvs.com where they can learn more and request a brochure to be mailed to them.

Thank you for helping to spread the word.

Jim