Anderson brass valve froze up

Dumboldles

Follow up to inform that Anderson has sent me a replacement valve to replace the broken valve. My plan is to give this new valve a turn when I check out my rig while it is storage. Thanks for the replies to this post.

Dumboldles

LBR

Simple tool. 1” PVC coupler glued onto 1” PVC pipe (I used conduit that I had), notched end of coupler to go around Anderson handle. Other end of pipe is the same setup but notched for tension knob on awning arm.

b1b12bd2923b1a630d4b5c36d7a6eac4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great idea...thanks!

I built one with a long enough stem to reach outside the compartment lid, a Tee handle with caps, and same notched end coupler.

However, I did cut the notches too deep (like twice as deep as you did) and it will snap sometime. The stem is plenty long to be cut back several times as I questioned their depth at build time....so my spare parts before leaving town for 10 months included 4 extra connectors, glue, and hacksaw.

I'd suggest calling Anderson Brass to discuss with them. I believe they have a 5 year warranty on the all brass retrofit and they might be very interested in seeing your unit to do a failure analysis. Customer service: 843-616-4625
I just got off the phone with them. They are going to send me out a new one.
mine broke after just 1 year