Anderson valve question

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
This is our first rig with this valve. My understanding is that to use the on board tank water we need to switch it from city to normal. Our pump is pumping water on city, out of the fresh tank, into the coach when we need it. The water is off here due to a broken main. Is this ok to do or do I need to switch it before using the pump?

danemayer

On the original Anderson Valves, you did have to switch to NORMAL before turning on the pump, and back to CITY when hooked up to a faucet.

More recently, the valve design includes a secondary channel so that you can use the pump while set to CITY, and I believe you can use the faucet while set to NORMAL.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
On the original Anderson Valves, you did have to switch to NORMAL before turning on the pump, and back to CITY when hooked up to a faucet.

More recently, the valve design includes a secondary channel so that you can use the pump while set to CITY, and I believe you can use the faucet while set to NORMAL.

Thank you Dan. Have a safe and Happy New Year!

Oldelevatorman

Just remember to turn off city water, when you have it, before you switch settings. It's easy to blow out the rubber washers under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

Just remember to turn off city water, when you have it, before you switch settings. It's easy to blow out the rubber washers under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like to also bleed off all water pressure after shutting off...takes a bunch more pressure off of the components.