Anderson valve vs water pump mystery

RottsNScotts

Okay, this is a puzzle.

My Cyclone went to the RV repair place many months ago and has been in and out. In the process, for some unknown reason, tech felt it necessary to run the water pump. It was not on the list I left so I don't know why.

When I got it back, the pump now runs non stop when the valve is turned to Normal and the pump turned on.

I found out he was running the pump on the valve's city water setting when he had it turned on.

He says it is the Anderson valve not completely turning to the Normal setting that is causing the problem and he is unable to locate a replacement Anderson valve.

Does this make any sense to anyone? Anybody have any ideas???

It is getting to the critical point as I had planned to head to CA in Oct and would have been dry camping for the first week but I can't do that if the water pump isn't working!

HELP!

Thanks, as always!

rhodies1

If he thinks it’s a valve then why doesn’t he contact Anderson Valve for a replacement You can contact them direct and they will send you a replacement valve to your home.Contact has been Ron.
You can look in the folder section of the Heartland forum and get the details and number.

LBR

Is it possible that when your CY was at the dealership for a few months that it went thru any freezing weather?

Possibly the pump froze, or another part of the fresh water intake has a small crack in it and the pump is drawing air and not priming?

danemayer

First, here's a link to the folder with the advisory on where to get an Anderson Valve, in warranty, and out of warranty.

Second, if the pump never shuts off, it's probably sucking air. This could be as suggested, a crack in the strainer bowl on the suction side of the pump. Or it could be a problem with the Anderson Valve.

If you want the dealer to take care of this, you can send him the Anderson Valve Advisory so he's up to date on where to get a valve assembly.

If you want to investigate yourself, take down the rear wall of your pass through basement storage and examine the strainer bowl at the pump. To investigate the Anderson Valve, the easiest thing to do is remove the cartridge from the outside. We have a number of manuals on and tip sheets on the Anderson Valve, and a video that shows how to replace the cartridge. They're in this folder.

hboy1

I had a kind of similar issue. I would recommend two things. Email Anderson and ask for a repair kit for the Anderson valve you have. They are super easy to work with. Using information from their website you can see how to replace the valve.

While you wait for the repair kit you can open the Anderson valve assembly and see if you have a broke o ring. Typically when the valve fails it will run water into your fresh tank even when set to city water. If the valve is fine, I’d ask dealer to replace or fix or adjust your water pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RottsNScotts

If he thinks it’s a valve then why doesn’t he contact Anderson Valve for a replacement You can contact them direct and they will send you a replacement valve to your home.Contact has been Ron.
You can look in the folder section of the Heartland forum and get the details and number.

When he told me he had contacted "them", that is who I thought he was referring to. Silly me! I don't know who he was talking to but I reached out to Ron and he sent me the info on who has what we need this morning! I will be taking it to the mechanic a little later this morning.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible that when your CY was at the dealership for a few months that it went thru any freezing weather?

Possibly the pump froze, or another part of the fresh water intake has a small crack in it and the pump is drawing air and not priming?

Because I full time, the CY has not been left anywhere except for a day stay. It DID have some freezing weather while we were in Randle, WA during the winter so I will run this by the mechanic as well!

Thanks!

Just love all these helpful clues!

- - - Updated - - -

First, here's a link to the folder with the advisory on where to get an Anderson Valve, in warranty, and out of warranty.

Second, if the pump never shuts off, it's probably sucking air. This could be as suggested, a crack in the strainer bowl on the suction side of the pump. Or it could be a problem with the Anderson Valve.

If you want the dealer to take care of this, you can send him the Anderson Valve Advisory so he's up to date on where to get a valve assembly.

If you want to investigate yourself, take down the rear wall of your pass through basement storage and examine the strainer bowl at the pump. To investigate the Anderson Valve, the easiest thing to do is remove the cartridge from the outside. We have a number of manuals on and tip sheets on the Anderson Valve, and a video that shows how to replace the cartridge. They're in this folder.

Unfortunately, I have NO mechanical/handyman skills! (I say hammers and I don't get along and blame it on my dad teaching my 3 brothers and not me!)

I am writing down everyone's ideas to share with the mechanic. Then I have to figure out a way for him to access the folder with the Anderson valve info you have shared.

Can a non-Heartland owner forum member access it or does he need to sign up? Besides owners of Heartland products, maybe we should also allow those people who work on them! VBg

Thanks for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

I had a kind of similar issue. I would recommend two things. Email Anderson and ask for a repair kit for the Anderson valve you have. They are super easy to work with. Using information from their website you can see how to replace the valve.

While you wait for the repair kit you can open the Anderson valve assembly and see if you have a broke o ring. Typically when the valve fails it will run water into your fresh tank even when set to city water. If the valve is fine, I’d ask dealer to replace or fix or adjust your water pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron from Anderson answered me this morning. Besides telling me what part we needed and where to get it, he included the installation instructions!

I feel MUCH better that this all will be taken care of when the rig goes back in!

Thanks everyone! As usual, you are the BEST!