Another mod done! Rear parking/hookup LED light

MotoLynx27x

Hey guys. I've solved another problem I was having when I'd pull up to the campsite late at night. It was difficult backing into a site with no reverse lights and I nearly missed the power/water pole!

So, when I was replacing my front porch light with a waterproof LED version I got the idea to buy more of them and put them where I needed them, such as one next to the upgraded taillights so I can see while backing up as well as when I go to hookup the water and electric. I placed it up against the taillight so I didn't have to drill a wire hole through the wall.

I also added an LED license plate light while I was in there.

6f0925a35f393c1fc391f62e4541156e.jpg

52e810402d6d5b2b69a8e443f752b9f0.jpg

5e5bf40c3484e400f8dbe1739f0b7f36.jpg

ab1c99f024b63f9bf4d6d2f1538a573a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MotoLynx27x

Thanks! I've got two more of those led porch lights left so I'm planning on adding one by the tank hookups and the other one up on the front by the jack so I can see while I'm hitching up.

Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jbeletti

Wow - another great Lighting mod. Did you connect those to the reverse light circuit from the truck or are they only manually operated?

Love the license plate light mod to the bottom of the tail light.

triley2280

Could anyone do this?

Great idea, I also hate backing up in the dark. How hard is it to tie into you existing wiring? Do I need to be an electrician to do this mod?

MotoLynx27x

Well since I had modified the taillights AND I would only be using the backup light when I am "backing up" , I took power from the parking light circuit, so when it's pitch black outside and I'm backing into a campsite space, I leave the parking lights on and flip on the switch for the backup! It works really well. I just used it at the last site we were at and I will use it again this weekend!!

you don't need to be an electrician. It's a simple 2 wire hookup to the existing brake/taillights. Just make sure you identify the ground and the low intensity park signal wire behind your taillight before you cut any wires! I had thought about getting up on the ladder and putting this light right underneath the center marker light at the top of the back wall but then I would have to get on a ladder every time I needed to turn it on!

Bogie

I really like this Mod. What was your source for the LED porch lights? Thanks in advance.

scruffre

I really like the way you did the back up light. I was going to try and hook up one that came on when I put the truck in reverse, but you way looks a lot easier to install