Antenna reception

Parkinit

I have 2016 Heartlamd North Trail 24BHS with a stock mushroom type antenna on roof.I am looking to improve the reception on this setup.Even with the reception booster on I find myself with minimal working channels.Has anyone out there tried to improve on this with success?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I know of one person that made a riser to lift the antenna above the AC. He felt that the AC was blocking the signal.
I don't know if it helped.

Peace
Dave

Parkinit

I went and purchased a portable outdoor antenna to help this.Can I hook this into my coax cable port on outside of camper?I don't see any switch near the TV that switches this between cable and antenna.

Duke83

Any luck on that?

Btw do you know where that comes into the camper to plug into the TV and or radio?

wdk450

I went and purchased a portable outdoor antenna to help this.Can I hook this into my coax cable port on outside of camper?I don't see any switch near the TV that switches this between cable and antenna.
The switching is done by the amplifier wallplate which has 2 coax inputs (rooftop antenna and cable input), and 1 coax output to the TV's. pressing the switch and turning the LED pilot light on the amplifier wallplate ON sends 12 volt DC power to the rooftop antenna through the signal coax, and routes the signal to the TV's. Turning the amplifier wallplate OFF routes the signals from the external coax input to the TV's (and turns OFF the rooftop antenna).

You should be able to route your external antenna in through the external coax connector, just be sure to have the amplifier plate OFF.

See page 5 of this amplified antenna manual from our forum library to see how the amplifier plate inputs/outputs/switch are located.