Antifreeze syphon hose

xcrewchiefx

Hi gang, just bought a 2017 25RL trail runner.. I need help locating the antifreeze syphon hose as I need to put her down for the coming winter. Currently traveling the country in our TC but looking fwd to this unit next year.

sengli

I took a section of regular garden hose, and put the appropriate ends needed to attach to fittings for winterization. Drop it into the gallon jug of RV anti-freeze and away it goes.

david-steph2018

Hi gang, just bought a 2017 25RL trail runner.. I need help locating the antifreeze syphon hose as I need to put her down for the coming winter. Currently traveling the country in our TC but looking fwd to this unit next year.
If you have the same control valve as us, it is an Anderson Valve and it has a position for winterizing. But if you do not, as on our previous rig, I had to use the water pump. I could attach short piece of water hose to the inlet side of the water pump and pump the anti-freeze thru the lines.

xcrewchiefx

If you have the same control valve as us, it is an Anderson Valve and it has a position for winterizing. But if you do not, as on our previous rig, I had to use the water pump. I could attach short piece of water hose to the inlet side of the water pump and pump the anti-freeze thru the lines.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not familiar with your layout, but if you can access the water pump, remove the inlet hose from the water tank and attach a section of garden hose to it. Use that hose in a container of antifreeze to draw it into the plumbing via the water pump. Our earlier TT didn't have a UDC or fancy valves, so that was how I had to do it from under the kitchen sink. Make sure you have the water heater bypassed or you'll use a lot more AF than needed.

danemayer

Sometimes, the pump and antifreeze hose are behind a kitchen drawer. Try running the pump and open drawers and cabinets one at a time.

xcrewchiefx

Not familiar with your layout, but if you can access the water pump, remove the inlet hose from the water tank and attach a section of garden hose to it. Use that hose in a container of antifreeze to draw it into the plumbing via the water pump. Our earlier TT didn't have a UDC or fancy valves, so that was how I had to do it from under the kitchen sink. Make sure you have the water heater bypassed or you'll use a lot more AF than needed.
Thanks, hope I don't have to go that far.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks, hope I don't have to go that far.

That would be a last resort. My guess is there is an uptake hose with a shut-off valve already attached to the intake side of the pump and a valve to isolate the water tank while pumping AF into the plumbing. In the event there is no bypass system for the water heater, it’s simple to install a kit for that and not very expensive, either. Had to do it for the TT we had years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk