Any Forum Problems in the last Week or So?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
It's bad again this morning. Going from portal page to forum is the worst.If I save another location on the forum and go directly to that, it seems better. Trace

dave10a

It looks like the server needs to be enhanced because its bandwidth may be getting slow. I pinged the server and did a tracroute and it smells like a server problem because it latency is getting long on the tooth. I have 10 hops to the server and all are very quick until I get to the server--- so it may be upgrade time because of the traffic is increasing.

RollingHome

Michael, I/we appreciate your efforts and work. If this is any help I just got kicked out and the following screen appeared, again THANK YOU for your work ;
//heartlandowners.org/image.php?type=dberrorDatabase error
The Heartland Owners Forum database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.heartlandowners.org home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.heartlandowners.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

donr827

At 5:40 pm today it is very slow. Took 15 seconds to load this page. I hope the site is not infected.
Don

linuxkidd

I've done some optimizations on the forum, disabled some features we don't use, enabled a maximum server load option which should protect us from runaway code, etc....

Let's hope things stay as quick as they appear to be right this second. Please share your experiences.

Thanks,
LK

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Speaking of "snappy"...what happened to the Heartland RV site? Was trying to show a freind some floorplans and that site would not function. It's 19:00 hrs here on the west coast.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
OK...it is working but very "quirky." I would think it was my computer except everything everywhere else works fine! I will try again later tonight.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
All the links work right now on my iPad. I only have 15 threads showing per page now instead of the 25 I had before. Is that one of the changes you made?

Kristy

dave10a

I've done some optimizations on the forum, disabled some features we don't use, enabled a maximum server load option which should protect us from runaway code, etc....

Let's hope things stay as quick as they appear to be right this second. Please share your experiences.

Thanks,
LK

I was surprised that your router acknowledged my ping. Maybe you should consider disabling the router ping so you don't get a smurf attack or denial of service attack.