Any ideas on the purpose of this switch?

Hi all!

Recently purchased a 2018 Cyclone. Investigating the purpose of this switch. Seems like it turns the ceiling lights off in the living room.

Did a ton of research and have found references to Remote Switch for inverter.

I thought it might be the remote control to turn on/off an inverter for the residential fridge but I can’t find the inverter (not in battery compartment next to generator) and there is no power to fridge when not on shore/generator regardless of switch position.

Coach does have the second battery but no solar (just connection on side with loose wire in compartment).

Also, although switch appears to have led, it never illuminates regardless of switch position.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

841ddca153530198c792edeacdfba744.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

On our 2018 Road Warrior the inverter switch is on the wall next to the stairs, and it is white. Our inverter was a "Magnum" brand. The inverter was located in the battery compartment above the batteries.
Would send pic of the setup but we just had a whole rig solar system installed and this was removed.

Richard -- I cannot see the picture you attached - somehow, it's not linked. But if it's a light on the panel where all of your other lights are - and it has the Magnum brand, like David-steph2018 says - it's for the inverter. You can turn that off while on shore power, but if you want to run your refrigerator while on battery or hooked up to the tow vehicle, this needs to be on.

I see it now - and it HAS to be the inverter remote. Strange looking (looks like aftermarket, actually) - but I think that's it. You can test, by taking off shore power, and if you still have 120V at your refrigerator, kill the switch and see if you lose power. If you don't have power at your refrigerator when you remove shore power, turn it on and see if it comes on.

I see it now - and it HAS to be the inverter remote. Strange looking (looks like aftermarket, actually) - but I think that's it. You can test, by taking off shore power, and if you still have 120V at your refrigerator, kill the switch and see if you lose power. If you don't have power at your refrigerator when you remove shore power, turn it on and see if it comes on.

Thanks for your help [mention]James Donovan [/mention]

I just tested.

1. I’m on shore power…fridge has power
2. Disconnect shore power…fridge has NO power
3. Flip Remote Control switch…fridge still has no power.
4. Reconnect shore power…fridge has power.

I did find these manuals with the coach which seem to confirm the presence of an inverter and transfer switch,

3bf75bb0ff3ccd4afea5857508ccf2dd.jpg

however:

1. there is no Magnum switch on the control panel
2 I cannot locate the inverter or automatic transfer switch

Here is a shot of the battery compartment:

fed4b62d1f89f8aed9d67f6e9de7704e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Right where the big empty space is, that was the location of our inverter & transfer switch before it was removed.

Look around the stove area for the remote switch, our was installed on the wall going up the stairs to the bathroom.