Any Other Trail Runner Owners out there?

jimtoo

Hi jamathern,

Welcome to the posting side of the forum. I see you have been a member for a while, hopefully looking and gathering information.

Please give us a little more info about what "issue" your questioning. Some here "claim" to be mine readers, :) but not me.

Jim M

DonnyB007

Re: Any OtherTrail Runner Owners out there?

We went for a TR 25SLE - (no slide) - that unit was on sale and kept us within budget too. We have gotten many accessories for our unit like, satellite, sewer stuff, kitchen things, Lil Camp Fire, and what not. The worst part is the long wait until April 1st, when we pick up our trailer. We will put a TV in the kitchen area for sure. I guess we have to run with it for a summer just to see how everything works. Glad to hear the many happy customers. There are some problems, but with all the trailers that Heartland sells, you are bound to have some problems. We just hope our ownership goes along smoothly with happy camping days ahead!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Hi David:
We took our new Trail Runner out on it's first run two weeks ago. We had a couple of things that needed to be addressed at the dealership. (edited out the first issue) 2. The bathtub was very spongy in the drain area; more support being added to hopefully fix the problem. Other than that, we are happy with it. Just doesn't make any sense though, to buy something brand new, and have these problems right from the start. So, we are without the trailer for a couple of weeks, Glad we didn't have any camping plans!

Interestingly, our 2013 Trail Runner has a spongy floor in the shower stall . . .

I reported it to the dealership, who in turn told me that Heartland refused to fix this as it is supposedly normal!

I, too, was kinda unhappy about that.

Now if I can just get them to fix the leak around the shower faucet where the water runs out from under the shower stall onto the bathroom floor!

Rockford

Hey everyone.

A new owner of 2014 SLE 30 checking in! We pulled the trigger a few days ago at the RV Show in Toronto and take delivery in the spring. It seems like a great value and the layout should suit us very well. Mixed feelings about saying goodbye to our pop-up of 3 years but at the end of the day the extra space (way more of it!) and..."facilities" will be very nice to have.

JohnD

Hey everyone.

A new owner of 2014 SLE 30 checking in! We pulled the trigger a few days ago at the RV Show in Toronto and take delivery in the spring. It seems like a great value and the layout should suit us very well. Mixed feelings about saying goodbye to our pop-up of 3 years but at the end of the day the extra space (way more of it!) and..."facilities" will be very nice to have.

We had an old 1978 Coachman Cadet 24-footer before we bought our new Trail Runner last year.

SandDunesCampsite-P8167070.jpg

It was beat up . . . falling apart . . . for some reason it attracted wasps and hornets (never could figure that one out) . . . nothing worked in it except the electricity and the stove . . . but it did have a certain charm that I do miss!

That being said, we love our new trailer so much more and would never go back!

And EVERYTHING works in it, too! :cool:

KPD156

We just purchased the 2014 29RK and I am looking to buy a cover for it and wanted to get some feedback on which ones to steer clear from.

We traded our 18 foot Rvision Trail Lite for this one, the wife loves it.

Also if anyone has any suggestion for the slide out awning please share.

Thanks

danemayer

We just purchased the 2014 29RK and I am looking to buy a cover for it and wanted to get some feedback on which ones to steer clear from.

We traded our 18 foot Rvision Trail Lite for this one, the wife loves it.

Also if anyone has any suggestion for the slide out awning please share.

Thanks
Hi KPD156,

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here and I'm sure you'll get some advice shortly.

kc5mhb

I recently purchased the ADCO Travel Trailer Designer Tyvek RV Cover - 26'1" - 28'6" from Camping World for $312. Its a pretty nice cover for the price but I will say that you have to be careful putting it on. For Louisiana they recommended this cover because its breathable and that means the fabric is lightweight. If you get one of these make sure you find the awning drip rail covers and install them before you put the cover on. The instructions were minimal and not too helpful. The cover is labeled front and back and easy to figure out. I didn't locate the rain gutter covers until after it was installed. If you have a ladder, they provide a cover for the top and also a bag to store the cover in. It can be done by one person but two people make it go on easier. Its also much easier if you have a rear ladder as opposed to leaning a ladder next to the camper. I recommend this cover but only if you are going to store the camper for a while and not go in and out much. This is a temporary answer to my storage needs as concrete and a metal storage cover are a little out of reach financially at this time.

Rob63

I guess I should have posted our purchase back in November of 2013 when we bought our 27RKS but better late than never! We haven't used it yet though. It came winterized due to the time of the year. I brought it home from the dealer and parked it in my yard. Took the battery off and hitch components and the very next day it started to snow....AND IT HASN'T STOPPED SINCE!!!!! Hopefully now that it's March, the weather will break and I can get in the camper and do a few mods before going on our first trip. I've enjoyed looking at it all winter but I'm about going nuts not being able to use it!

JohnD

I guess I should have posted our purchase back in November of 2013 when we bought our 27RKS but better late than never! We haven't used it yet though. It came winterized due to the time of the year. I brought it home from the dealer and parked it in my yard. Took the battery off and hitch components and the very next day it started to snow....AND IT HASN'T STOPPED SINCE!!!!! Hopefully now that it's March, the weather will break and I can get in the camper and do a few mods before going on our first trip. I've enjoyed looking at it all winter but I'm about going nuts not being able to use it!

You are going to love that rear kitchen!

No more traffic jam in the trailer when someone wants to go through . . .

The only thing I've noticed with our rear kitchen is that the counter space is kind of small.

Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg

Bought my 22rbq last labor day. We have had it out three times since. It's our first rv of any kind and we couldn't be happier so far. Sure, it had some problems from the factory, but our dealer got them all straightened out. We really like the solid wall and sliding door that separates the bedroom from the living area. Looked at alot of tt's that didn't have a door. Plenty of storage too, for being a smaller tt. We tow ours with an old GMC Safari mini van and it tows just fine. Great value we think, and are looking forward to spring so we can use it.

ORBMN

Hello- Just purchased a new 2013 Trail Runner 19SLE for myself and my little dogs. I had a 28 ft. StarCraft w/a 10 ft. slide but I lost my wife a year and a half ago and thinking I would never camp again I sold it and the big truck that pulled it. Bought a half ton truck and decided I needed to enjoy what we enjoyed doing the most, camping. This new trailer is perfect for me and the pups. Can't wait to try it out. Need the snow to go away. Look forward to this site for information on the Trail Runner Brand. Thank you all in advance. Michael, Louis, and Daisy.

danemayer

Hello- Just purchased a new 2013 Trail Runner 19SLE for myself and my little dogs. I had a 28 ft. StarCraft w/a 10 ft. slide but I lost my wife a year and a half ago and thinking I would never camp again I sold it and the big truck that pulled it. Bought a half ton truck and decided I needed to enjoy what we enjoyed doing the most, camping. This new trailer is perfect for me and the pups. Can't wait to try it out. Need the snow to go away. Look forward to this site for information on the Trail Runner Brand. Thank you all in advance. Michael, Louis, and Daisy.
Hi ORBMN,

Congratulations on your new Trail Runner and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here so feel free to ask whatever questions you may have. We also look forward to hearing about your adventures.

stratcat

there is not an awning on the slide out. installing one is a possibility but why? We have a 2013 29RK and love it. have had a few issues like any trailer/MH. dealer repaired.

JohnD

there is not an awning on the slide out. installing one is a possibility but why? We have a 2013 29RK and love it. have had a few issues like any trailer/MH. dealer repaired.

I don't know . . .

Some people swear by slide-out toppers, but I've seen several get ripped apart in strong winds, so I've opted not to put them on our 2013 Trail Runner.