Anyone else resisting the need....

Kbvols

To winterize and put RV up for the winter??? As the leaves are changing and the weather has turned cooler the inevitable need to winterize is vastly approaching. Last year we were lucky to have climate controlled storage. With the need to winterize eliminated we were able to camp till late November before the snow started to fly. I guess we could winterize and still camp but just is different. Anyway always sad day to put RV up for its long winter hibernation. Hopefully winter will be mild and short for those of us up North.

greg7140

I ended up reluctantly winterizing ours last week before this cold spell ascended on us in the IN/ OH area. Although will be de-winterizing it take to NE Ohio at Thanksgiving, which is a good thing as it means most of our family will be home celebrating Thanksgiving with our 90 year old parents...too many kids, grand kids, and great grand kids invading our childhood home to have places to sleep!

I hope the weather we are having right now is not an indication of the winter to come! :-(

i really need need to move back to Florida...why after spending most of my 25 year Naval Career in Florida did I retire to Indiana? LOL I really dislike the cold!

sengli

We are going to go camping again next week. And we usually are able to go a couple of days over thanksgiving too, weather permitting. Its getting close to watching the night time temps drop. After turkey day though I will definetly winterize the coach and be done.

kowAlski631

Heading to northern VA for Thanksgiving, but turning south after that so we don't have to winterize. How's that for a plan? We're very lucky.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
It was in the mid/upper 20s overnight during the last few days, so we had to do the deed. Will do the interior winterizing over the next few days. I hate this time of year. Depressing!! Already signed up for 3 rallies next year. Can't wait!!

Kbvols

Ah....you are lucky! I'am sure you earned it though. One day I hope to be able to be able to do the same. Safe travels and enjoy!!

Heading to northern VA for Thanksgiving, but turning south after that so we don't have to winterize. How's that for a plan? We're very lucky.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I winterized ours a couple of weeks ago. Since it's stored across the road from the Home Depot I frequent, I check it periodically (at least until the snow gets too deep). I was planning on doing some maintenance items on it, but the weather and temps put the kibosh on that until spring.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Ours was winterized two weeks ago . . .

Now it is parked along side our garage for the winter.

We do stay in it out there once in awhile for fun and to make sure the furnace and TV's still work.

Last year we took it out on it's maiden voyage on Christmas Day in the snow and below zero temperatures just to check it out, even though it was winterized and all we could use was the furnace, stove, microwave and the newly mounted TV's.

We are thinking about making that an annual ritual camping trip, although pulling the trailer in the snow was kinda' risky!

Campout2012-PC250007.jpgCampout2012-PC260022.jpgCampout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpgCampout2012-PC270054.jpgCampout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg