Aqua-Magic Style II Leaking Down the Front of the Base

Ezgoin

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to Heartland. I just took delivery of a 2020 Highlander 350H toy hauler and took it on its maiden voyage last weekend. After a couple days of use, the main toilet (Thetford Aqua-Magic Style II) had a puddle of water on the floor around the base. A little investigating and I discovered that if I pressed the front of the base at the point where the base meets the bowl, water would stream down the front of the base and on to the floor. Being somewhat reluctant to take the trailer back to the dealership for repair, I called Thetford Customer Service and described the issue. The guy that answered the phone was pretty much a drip and not really any help. He seemed to have difficulty understanding what I was describing. Anyone experience this issue before?

NP_Chief

I'm assuming that this only happens when there is water in the bowl... If that is the case, there may be some striking paper, or other sewer related products, hung up on the seal.

Lou_and_Bette

Go to YouTube and look for videos relating to changing Thedford toilet seal. There is a junction between the base and the bowl so may be a leak there. If that is the problem, should be an easy fix. After watching a couple of these videos, discovered working on these toilets is not that complicated

Ezgoin

Go to YouTube and look for videos relating to changing Thedford toilet seal. There is a junction between the base and the bowl so may be a leak there. If that is the problem, should be an easy fix. After watching a couple of these videos, discovered working on these toilets is not that complicated
Thanks, I’ll do that! Took it into the dealership service dept and showed them exactly where the water was streaming from, as well as pictures, but they couldn’t replicate the issue so they wouldn’t take it apart and fix it under the warranty! Amazes me how they refuse to pull it apart unless they see it with their own eyes, regardless of how obvious the cause!

danemayer

Thanks, I’ll do that! Took it into the dealership service dept and showed them exactly where the water was streaming from, as well as pictures, but they couldn’t replicate the issue so they wouldn’t take it apart and fix it under the warranty! Amazes me how they refuse to pull it apart unless they see it with their own eyes, regardless of how obvious the cause!

They won't get paid by Thetford if they don't see a problem.

Are you still getting a puddle?

I've had similar warranty response in the past. When I went to pick the trailer up, I called the tech over and demonstrated the problem. For whatever reason, when he had looked, he didn't see a problem. Once he did, he knew what had to be done and took care of it.

Ezgoin

They won't get paid by Thetford if they don't see a problem.

Are you still getting a puddle?

I've had similar warranty response in the past. When I went to pick the trailer up, I called the tech over and demonstrated the problem. For whatever reason, when he had looked, he didn't see a problem. Once he did, he knew what had to be done and took care of it.

yeah, I understand the rule, but I doubt Thetford had a rep standing there making sure they witnessed water running down the base before they replaced a $10 seal. I’d think that in the interest of keeping a new customer happy they could look at the pics, listen to my detailed description, look at where I pointed, and take the gamble that they’re find a bad seal, rather than send me off to keep a towel wrapped around the toilet base!
i ordered a seal kit and will fix it myself. Much easier than dragging the beast back and forth to the dealership!