Ask The Factory (ATF) forum closures - Feedback

LBR

I for one wish to say Thank You to the eradication of all ATF forums...times do change and it is understandable, over a decade and a half, that the site can use a bit of forum adjustment in this thought process.

What I have noticed is the influx of new members who think they must "ATF" for what a mysterious switch does because of the obvious sounding chain of command...("why ask the membership when the factory will answer me").

Let's all ATM from now on.....Ask The Membership.

jbeletti

Re: Ask The Factory (ATF) forum is now closed.

I for one wish to say Thank You to the eradication of all ATF forums...times do change and it is understandable, over a decade and a half, that the site can use a bit of forum adjustment in this thought process.

What I have noticed is the influx of new members who think they must "ATF" for what a mysterious switch does because of the obvious sounding chain of command...("why ask the membership when the factory will answer me").

Let's all ATM from now on.....Ask The Membership.

ATM - love it!

danemayer

Time to delete all the Ask The Factory notices. They are taking up space.

If you use WHAT'S NEW and don't want to bother opening each notice, do this. After reading everything else that's new, click on MARK FORUMS READ, located right below the EVENTS tab.
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.53.11 AM.png

farside291

I noticed today that when I click on the Whats New it take me to the page with all of the closed forums including all of the ATF forums. Is this supposed to happen?

Never mind, I figured it out, I just have to scroll through those pages

jbeletti

I noticed today that when I click on the Whats New it take me to the page with all of the closed forums including all of the ATF forums. Is this supposed to happen?

Never mind, I figured it out, I just have to scroll through those pages

Even better - click one, click back, click the next one, click back, and repeat until you have clicked on each one. Then you will never have to scroll past them again as they'll have been marked read for you.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I tried that yesterday, Dan. No joy. Went down one by one to open them up and then they disappeared when I "marked forums read".

I tried the same thing this morning and they keep creeping back up the list. Or so I thought. Seems that there are a few different items for each brand. Once each was marked they seem to be staying away.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just did that, opening, returning, and then marking all read. Seems to have removed them.