ATF: Big Country - 2nd air

jimtoo

Yes, your unit should be wired for 2nd A/C. Remove the vent in bedroom and wiring should be easy to see. You may need to add another breaker in the panel.

I would take a small piece of trim to one of the big paint stores and they could match the stain for you.

Jim M

TxCowboy

Even easier than removing the bedroom trim is to check the AC circuit breaker panel and look for a breaker marked 2nd AC. My 2011 Greystone had this setup.

Bob Vaughn

We had the 2nd A/C installed in our bedroom and burr....It will get cold enough to hang meat......especially if both a/c are running....here in Florida with temps in the high 90's we start off running both A/C's until the sun goes down the turn off the bedroom one. It gets pretty noisy at night trying to sleep under it....

Bob Vaughn

We put a 13,500 because it gets so hot in florida.....we generally start with both until the rv cools down then shut down the bedroom ac....

Bob Vaughn

We spent a week in Phoenix at lost dutchman state park May of 14 and it was really hot then I cannot imagine being there in August. My brother said his A/C bill was over 700 bucks a month....ouch...

bigdob24

My BC has one 15k air and I'm also thinking of a second in the bedroom.
Im looking at a Coleman Mach 8 9500.
A friend put one in a small trailer he has and it's very quite.
Thinking maybe run both till it's cool and then run the bedroom on high with a fan blowing.
The 15K is very noisy.
Also we do a lot of dry camping and I can run the 9500 off one Honda 2000 Gen.
Anyone have a Coleman Mach 8 ?