ATF: Bighorn - 2016 Bighorn A/C question

SLO

I have a new 2016 3685RL that I'm am picking up on Saturday. I don't think the A/C is working right. The RV tech is not sure if there is something wrong or not. I have the two whisper quiet A/C units, which is now standard, and two Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 thermostats. One thermostat in bedroom and one in hallway. It is my understanding the A/Cs should be zone 1 and zone 2. Zone 1 and zone 2 can be controlled by each thermostat. My thermostats don't show zone 2, only shows zone 1. This system started being installed in Fall 2014. Previous units with the smaller square thermostat in bedroom only controlled the bedroom A/C and the hall thermostat only controlled the living room A/C. Which way is it suppose to work?

danemayer

Hi SLO,

We periodically have questions on the forum about whether any of the thermostats control more than a single zone, and so far I don't think anyone has seen an example where they are set up to control more than a single zone. The living room controls the living room and the bedroom controls the bedroom.

If you want to find out if a change has recently been made, you could call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to give you the latest info.

sjandbj

SLO,
My 2015 Big Country is set up like your new rig with the same thermostats. I can only control the living room unit with the hall and the bedroom unit with the bedroom thermostate.

Regards,
Steve

K

karykatz

Rick - we have two thermostats in your new bighorn. 1 for the main ac unit and 1 for the bedroom ac unit. the dual zone function does not control both AC units. I hope this helps.

SLO

Thanks Kary. I just call the RV tech at my dealership to inform him of your response. Didn't want him to be trying to fix something that's not broke. My misunderstanding from the sales folks.