ATF: Bighorn - Ladder

Redrider007

Can you tell me the model number and mfg of my ladder? This ladder seems more for look than use. Mine bent holding bikes and at least one of my mounts has craked. Is there a better, stronger replacement?

2015 3010RE

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I don't have the model number
You might have to call Heartland with your vin number ready.
In my opinion they are not meant to hang things on. Expecialy a bike.
That's a lot of force bouncing up and down back there expecialy on all of these horrible roads we travel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Redrider007

First time using this thread-I thought the question actually went to the factory-The form does ask for last 6 of Vin.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I just looked at your setup-How do you like the new Ford? I'm jealous!! I'm pulling with a bulletproofed 2004 F350 6.0: Looking forward to a new one in a couple years with almost twice the torque it would be a dream to tow!!

danemayer

I wouldn't expect Heartland to have anything except a direct replacement for the current ladder, which I think is made by Atwood.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

First time using this thread-I thought the question actually went to the factory-The form does ask for last 6 of Vin.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I just looked at your setup-How do you like the new Ford? I'm jealous!! I'm pulling with a bulletproofed 2004 F350 6.0: Looking forward to a new one in a couple years with almost twice the torque it would be a dream to tow!!
THANKS
I LOVE THE NEW TRUCK !!!!!
And that's coming from a life long GM FAN
I definitely think I have the perfect "Dream" set up in so many ways. It's taken a long time to get hear though. I'm going to enjoy it while we can.
I travel down the highway with a big a** smile on my face

Happy trails
Jerrod

NYSUPstater

THANKS
I LOVE THE NEW TRUCK !!!!!
And that's coming from a life long GM FAN
I definitely think I have the perfect "Dream" set up in so many ways. It's taken a long time to get hear though. I'm going to enjoy it while we can.
I travel down the highway with a big a** smile on my face

Happy trails
Jerrod

And to think I should be at limit + w/ our truck and BC ('15 F350 SRW, SB, 4x4, CC). I can live w/ being over some as I was w/ last truck ('03 F250,cc,sb,4x4, 6.uh-oh), just hope it's not a LOT over. Love the truck. Don't have the BC yet----hopefully in a couple weeks.

SHerrick

Due to my own stupidity, I had to replace the ladder on the back of our 2015 3270RS. When I contacted Heartland, they informed me that the ladder that came with mine (manufactured by Atwood) is no longer available. They have gone with a new supplier and they are at least 2 months behind on orders. For that reason, I went with a Universal Ladder available on Amazon.com. It is not an exact fit, but it is a do-able modification. I had pretty much destroyed the stand-offs, but was able to salvage enough of the inside nut inserts and take enough out of the ones provided to use in the stand-offs I ended up manufacturing from parts cut from the old ladder. This was necessary because the U shaped top handrails inside radius was about 2 inches shorter than the original. The modifications, removal of old and installation of new took me about 9 hours total, thanks to the availability of my workshop in close proximity. Unfortunately, I can't say the materials it is built from are any improvement to the old, but it does have one more set of connection points to the end cap, so that might help your problem with your bike rack.

I would strongly recommend that you install a receiver under your RV and put a bike rack on that. it might work a lot better than the ladder. As is, I have a black water portable tank attached to mine, but it is very light and is connected on the bottom and held in place with two ratchet straps (and a locking cable).

Can you tell me the model number and mfg of my ladder? This ladder seems more for look than use. Mine bent holding bikes and at least one of my mounts has craked. Is there a better, stronger replacement?

2015 3010RE