ATF: Bighorn - Wiring Diagram for 2015 Bighorn 3010RE

Is there a wiring diagram available for my coach? I want to put a radio in the living room area and would like to know if there is a 12 volt power circuit I can use already run to the back cabinet area. The radio installed in the unit is in the front belly compartment. Quite a long way to go for power.

wdk450

MartinDavis:
It is a solid policy of Heartland not to routinely hand out wiring diagrams or construction plans. The best source of 12 volts that is pretty much throughout the trailer is the lighting. See if there is a light nearby that you can tap into the source wiring for. Whether or not the fuse for the lights can handle the radio load, is for you to find out.

Otherwise there is the option of a 12 volt power cube connected to 110 volt shore power.

sjandbj

Martin,
I called Heartland and asked for a plumbing and wiring diagram for my Big Country. I got the plumbing but the wiring diagram I was told did not exist. I know that is a bunch of BS since they have engineering drawings for every inch of the rigs. I find it sad that I have to spend hours to reverse engineer something that I paid a pretty penny for. I am not sure why this policy is in place but it creates a lot of extra work for those of us that like to work on our own rigs.

Steve

I totally agree. You know they have to have a drawing of some type in order to built the units & include the needed wiring for all the fixtures, exterior / running lights, pumps, refrig, etc. This is not brain surgery! Just building an RV. I am sure now that I have gone through the whole RV electrical systems from front to back, they do have certain color coded wire for specific types of systems. If they would just supply that is would have been a lot easier. I used a trouble shooting light and went from wire to wire with the unit hooked up to my truck to figure out what I needed. I now have a wire int he back cabinet with 12 volts and ground for a future radio, auxiliary from the truck to the rear of the RV and all lights for a vehicle or secondary trailer behind including a wire fro trailer brakes. At the same time I installer a power converter and an onboard generator, so now I have a through understanding of the entire wiring from front to back. I any one needs in pointers just give a shout. I will probably be able to help as much as Heartland, at least I am willing to provide what is in my RV anyway.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have been told by the factory dudes that a wiring diagram is not available. I am sure the engineering department has one but they will not release it. I was told the reason is that production line 'on the fly' changes can make they incorrect so to keep from passing out bad or incorrect information they do not release one. If you have a particular issue then you can call Heartland Customer Service ask the question and they will find out the answer from the engineering department and get back to you. They have done this for me on a couple of occasions. I have also found the quickest way to find out is to ask her on the forum and someone has probably had the same or similar issue at one time or another.