ATF: Landmark - Factory Repair Center

Hunter11

Could someone give me some insight as to how the factory service center works as far as warranty work goes? We have owned our Landmark for less than 30 days and have a list of warranty items to be done but one major one with the bedroom slide seal being destroyed and leaking water into the unit when it rains.I have sent pictures of the issue to the Heartland warranty group and the person I talked to agrees after looking at them that the slide was installed to high and it tore the slide seal after the first few times we used it. We have a mobile tech coming out next week to give it a look and see if he feels comfortable doing the repairs but considering we have had water intrusion into the trailer in the bedroom slide cabinets twice which soaked the carpet we are concerned what the long term issues may be. This makes me wonder if a trip back to the FSC may be the better option if the tech does not want to do the work. This would be hard to do for us since we live in the unit full-time but I guess we would have to work that out. Any help would be appreciated.

jbeletti

There isn't a factory service center per se. At least not one where retail customers have the option of scheduling themselves in for repairs at.

What we have is a shop adjacent to the customer service building where we have a small team of people that do in fact make repairs on coaches that have been deemed by Heartland customer service as needing to come to us for repair.

Your best bet here is to speak to your Heartland service advisor and they will work with Eric McDaniels' team at the service shop to determine if your coach should come back. They will then work with you on scheduling.

Hope this answers your question.

Hunter11

Thank you Jim for the information. I have been speaking with a service adviser and will have a mobile tech look at it next week (soonest we could get someone out). I did tell the adviser we really do not care who does the repair as along as Heartland is willing to back it in writing that we will not have problems in the future with mold or delamination of the slide out because of water intrusion due to a factory defect. At that point if they cannot do that I feel it should go back to the factory and be repaired to where they will make good on any future issues. We do not feel like this is to much to ask on a unit we have owned less than 30 days. At this point I am trying to get all of of options lined up in case the mobile tech does not feel like he can handle all of our warranty issues. I do not want to waste anymore time than is necessary.

danemayer

as along as Heartland is willing to back it in writing that we will not have problems in the future with mold or delamination of the slide out because of water intrusion due to a factory defect. .

Hi Hunter11,

I can't speak for Heartland, but I would be very surprised if Heartland would give you written commitments beyond what is in the Limited Warranty statement that came with your RV. A recent version of the warranty says this:
Heartland is not responsible for any undertaking, representation or warranty made by any dealer or other person beyond those expressly set forth in this Limited Warranty.

Often, in the interest of customer satisfaction, Heartland will grant accommodations to deal with problems after the warranty expires. But I've never heard of anyone getting written extensions or additions to the warranty, which is what a written commitment would be.

It doesn't cost anything to ask, but you might need to adjust your expectations more toward informal commitments - which Heartland is pretty good about keeping.