ATF: North Trail - Bathroom counter delaminating

Our bathroom countertop is delaminating. It appears that it's made of pressboard and didn't get sealed well around the edges. The kitchen countertop is made of solid surface material. Is it possible to get a bathroom counter made of the same?

Additionally, the outside shower hose came off and I had to remove the entire plastic housing to re-attach it. I'd like to use the same sealant to reseal the housing, would it be possible to get a tube of that?

danemayer

Hi John,

You might do better to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

danemayer

They're not going to engineer a custom cut for you, but if you can find another model, maybe a Sundance, or Elkridge that happens to have the size, shape and color piece you want, you may be able to order a replacement piece for that model from Heartland Parts Dep't. I've ordered two pieces for our Landmark; one to replace a cracked stove cover and the other a shelf in the bedroom where I wanted to have a 2nd, identical shelf. The cutting tools are probably automated and likely run off CAD drawings; easy to make something there's an engineering drawing for. The trick would be to find an existing counter that's exactly what you want. That might sound unlikely, but sometimes engineers re-use previous work, so it's very possible if you look at similarly sized models, you might find something that works.

jimtoo

John,

You might check with Home Depot or Lowes or your yellow pages for counter top makers. Lots of independent folks out there that are making custom counter tops and some not to expensive. They make them from real granite or the solid surface material like in the kitchen.

Jim M