ATF: Sundance - Sundance 261RK Rear Exterior Wall

csmithtrw

We purchased our 2017 261RK this spring and noticed the exterior rear wall is not flat but has a large bubble that runs the width of the RV. We took this to our dealer last week which have examined it and told me there is nothing to be done as this is a hanging wall and will not be flat.

Can you please confirm this information, is this what I should expect on this wall? Is there any reason to believe this will get worse with time?

I can take photos once I pick it up if you need it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The factory does not typically respond to questions here.

I can tell you that is how the wall is assembled. Here is a pic of a Big Country where the back panel has been removed. It is only secured around the edges and where the ladder attaches.

8f22d7f157887ad27853922b8866dd1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RV-Manny

Thats exactly why I wanted to have a rear cap on my Bighorn. Years ago I had the same thing with the back panel on an older motorhome. I hanged on somewhere in a tight drive and ripped it off at the top. It was also just screwed in at the edge around. It was a **** of a work to get it fixed.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

csmithtrw

As luck would have it, bad has turned to worse. I now have 6 areas on the side walls where there are bubbles in the fiberglass sides. I assume this is not a good start to a 1yr old camper. This is the first unit of this kind that I have owned and honestly have not paid much attention to others in the past.\

I had the unit at the dealer last week, and they said they have contacted the factory to see what direction they want to take. Not sure what the options are here, but I'm going to bet none of them are good for me. Any thoughts on how I should handle this I would love your suggestions.
20180528_121013.jpg20180528_121038.jpg
Thank you
Chris

Attachments

• 20180528_121117.jpg
    20180528_121117.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 35