ATF: Trail Runner - Issues

Willi

I just purchased a brand new Trail Runner SLE 22, why do I have so many issues?
Burned out bulbs

Back of dinette bench coming apart, entire wall loose

Screen door does not latch

One speaker doesnt work (took apart and found speaker wire pulled out of spade connector, other connector pulled off with no effort. I put new connectors on and soldered.

Radio antenna in a ball behind stereo, why not just install a spring external antenna?

Wall brackets to secure dinette not even close, had to unscrew one from table and move to align.

Kitchen drawers crooked, not level, 1/2" off and very visible.

R

rbrady

Good Morning Willi - I am the product manager here at Heartland for our Trail Runner brand. Please give me a call at 574-370-5728 so we can address the issues you are having. Thanks - Ryan Brady

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I just purchased a brand new Trail Runner SLE 22, why do I have so many issues?
Burned out bulbs

Back of dinette bench coming apart, entire wall loose

Screen door does not latch

One speaker doesnt work (took apart and found speaker wire pulled out of spade connector, other connector pulled off with no effort. I put new connectors on and soldered.

Radio antenna in a ball behind stereo, why not just install a spring external antenna?

Wall brackets to secure dinette not even close, had to unscrew one from table and move to align.

Kitchen drawers crooked, not level, 1/2" off and very visible.

Isn't it great HL corp wants to talk to you about your issues? My question is why didn't the dealer catch these on the pre-delivery inspection? Also did the dealer give you a walk-through? If so did you find anything?

Willi

Ryan,
Was nice talking to you this morning, I am truly suprised brand reps actually post and respond to customer complaints/issues...that says alot.

Even with all of the little repair items we still love our trailer and look forward to spending alot of time enjoying it.

Thanks again,
Willi
Jody Williams

- - - Updated - - -

JM,
It is great!! Good to see a company that stands behind their product...quite refreshing.

My dealer did do a walk through with me and I can't answer why they didn't catch these items. I also can't answer why I didn't see anything other than when we did the walk through it was in a dimly lit garage bay ??
Regardless, none were deal breakers and I was able to make the repairs myself.

Can't wait for our maiden voyage this weekend...woohoo !!

jbeletti

...My dealer did do a walk through with me and I can't answer why they didn't catch these items. I also can't answer why I didn't see anything other than when we did the walk through it was in a dimly lit garage bay ??
Regardless, none were deal breakers and I was able to make the repairs myself.

Often times, the euphoria of taking delivery takes over and details are missed. It's very common. Don't beat yourself up - we're all here for you. Happy to hear the Trailrunner GM reached out to you.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We did the PDI for our new Prowler during an intense thunderstorm . . . so we missed a few things on the outside of the trailer that we discovered over the summer during our outings.

We are leaving in a couple of hours for our last camp out of the season, and when we get back the Prowler will be going in to get those issues fixed.

Schmingie

Picking up our new 22SLE soon - is the antenna supposed to be balled up in behind. I guess I have to pull the stereo to check?

S.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Picking up our new 22SLE soon - is the antenna supposed to be balled up in behind. I guess I have to pull the stereo to check?

S.

I don't think the antenna is supposed to be in a ball behind the stereo in the wall . . . but in our previous 2013 Trail Runner 22RK . . . the antenna was wadded up in a ball behind the stereo and only pulled in a couple of stations.

I found out here in the chats about that . . . pulled the stereo out of the wall and stretched out the antenna and attached it to the valance over the window by the couch and all was good!

Other than it looked kind of tacky . . .

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg

The above two shots were taken before I knew about the antenna in the wall-ball issue . . .

Campout2012-PC250007.jpg Campout2012-PC270054.jpg Campout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

These are just reference shots of our old Trail Runner . . .

Even though we have moved up to a 5th-wheel trailer, I do miss that Trail Runner!

It was one sweet trailer!