Auto level up question

Oregon_Camper

If I was in your situation I would raise the trailer beyond level and put blocks under each tire. Then lower the RV back down and level again. This allows the tires/axle to carry some of the weight from the RV.

If you're in dirt, i'd dig down on the other side, allowing the tires to drop down. I had about a 8-10" rut dug out to get our RV level in the picture in my signature below.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Frank, I have had my tires off the ground more than a few times.
Sometimes when that happens you might be able to lower both sides manually till the low side jacks leave the ground. then extend a bit manually till all the jacks are supporting some weight.
Some times you just have to leave one set of tires off the ground. No problem doing that.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

Tires off the ground with the auto level did this many times. I lowered the levers and then manually leveled. The tires were on the ground at least 60% of the time. I now can judge much better when I need to put leveling blocks under one side or the other by eye. Until you get used to it when you pull in, turn the leveling system on and scroll through the listings. It will tell you just how far off one side or the other is. If it is off more than 1 degree, use locking leveling leveling blocks. I still manually level because it is faster.