Awning Creep

Piperflyer

My main awning has slid itself forward on the motorized roller track and the track holding it on the side of the RV. It is all the way forward on each now. I've tried to pull it back to where it was when new, but it doesn't want to come back with me pulling on it. My question is has anyone had this happen to them and what is the easy fix for it to get back to it original position? Thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It will slide back by pulling, just take the pressure of of it (2 man job) or use a tie down strap to hold it loosely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

farside291

I sprayed along the awning where it goes into the track with silicone spray and after multiple jerks while standing on a picnic table it moved, about 8 inches!!! So beware, when it moves it will move a lot if your not careful. Mine continues to move about every couple of weeks I have to pull it back. It causes the awning to roll up crooked and the arms don't seat in the right place when it happens.

danemayer

You may need a short screw at one end to hold the spline tight against the track. With the spline out of the way, drill a small pilot hole in the top of the track. Put the screw in place, then remove it and blunt the sharp tip a bit. Then reposition the awning material and tighten the screw so it stops the awning movement.

CarterKraft

Mine did this years ago and I have not been able to get back in place. I am need of a new fabric so I hope to add screws to prevent this movement in the future.

Are there any pictures of where exactly to add the screws?

danemayer

Mine did this years ago and I have not been able to get back in place. I am need of a new fabric so I hope to add screws to prevent this movement in the future.

Are there any pictures of where exactly to add the screws?
I don't think placement is critical. Maybe 2" from the end?