AZ Members Chat Room

gregattaway

Anyone else run into these problems and if yes how were they fixed:

#1. We just used our new Cyclone in a non dumb situation (no on site dump station) ...
We have 2 grey waters (one for laundry) ...
I am always checking the levels when suddenly grey 2 (laundry) shows full ... FYI, We have no washer ...
Next we see water on the floor and the carpet is soaking wet and leaking water on the tires ...
I shut off out side water and after a while all leaks stop ...
I can only guess once again the makers installers forgot to seal the pipes and allowed the fresh water intake to overflow the grey 2 as this is now the 2nd different water leak found ...

#2. Using "over the air" tv antenna for the first time, we found when you have the main unit on and then turn on the bedroom it kills both tv's antenna reception ... yes we has the booster on too ...

needless to say back to la mesa rv tucson for more repairs ...

TY !!!

PS: spare tire tried to unscrew itself and fall off again (2nd time) so they ordered a new spare tire holder ...

danemayer

installers forgot to seal the pipes and allowed the fresh water intake to overflow the grey 2
Hi Greg,

It's possible for city water to back-feed through the pump, or perhaps through the 4-way valve and overfill the fresh tank. That could cause water to come out of the overflow fitting which is usually located along the frame, near the main entry steps.

It's harder to understand how city water could get into a gray tank without going through a sink or shower drain.

Do you have an outside kitchen?

gregattaway

Hi Greg,

It's possible for city water to back-feed through the pump, or perhaps through the 4-way valve and overfill the fresh tank. That could cause water to come out of the overflow fitting which is usually located along the frame, near the main entry steps.

It's harder to understand how city water could get into a gray tank without going through a sink or shower drain.

Do you have an outside kitchen?

No outside kitchen ...

Water was dripping from above and back of the duels on the flush side ...

Grey 2 is "only" for the washer drain and we have no washer so it was never in use ...

that are going to try and dup the conditions I explained so hopefully it will happen again so it can get fixed ...

Hey all,

I remember at the last rally i went to one of you (cant remember who) was telling me about blowmax's. Well i should have listened had one blow on the way to phoenix and rip a whole in my floor, rip out all my gas lines, bend my right rear body panel, and damage my furnace box which had to be replaced. Its all back together now but im gonna be changing tires a little more often and switched to a better tire. the ones on it where load range d and now i have load range e hopefully they hold up better!

-Ryan

Lynn1130

Greg,
Concerning your gray tanks. Unless things have changed the shower and the bathroom sink go into one tank and the kitchen and washer go into another. I cannot recall which goes to which (gray 1or 2). It is possible that you have a bad valve or pump but depending upon the amount of water you used with one or the other this could have filled that one up. If shutting off the outside water stopped the leaks it very well could be a valve or pump.

The TV situation is a normal problem and if you do a search on the site you will see some fixes.

chiefaret

Bikerdude2, What tire did you put on? Getting ready to change tires and my head is spinning with the st vs lt tire posts. Had kind of decided on Maxxis but the availability is so limited if there is a problem may have to wait for replacement. Discount, a Maxxis dealer, recommended the new Carlisle. Still in limbo and wonder what to do.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Steve:

I replaced my towmax with the Carsile tires at Discount...went up on the rating and they are wonderful....Rotate and balance them every 5,000 miles...no ware marks after 2 years.

chiefaret

Thanks Gary. None of the dealers I looked at had the Maxxis in stock, and the Discount guys were high on the Carlisle, so maybe that is the way I will go. They also had the E rated in stock which is up from the D's on the rig. Guess I'll take the plunge and quit fretting over it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am considering the Firestone Transforce HT's for my Trail Runner.

My new truck has them, and so far they have been awesome!

gregattaway

Greg,
Concerning your gray tanks. Unless things have changed the shower and the bathroom sink go into one tank and the kitchen and washer go into another. I cannot recall which goes to which (gray 1or 2). It is possible that you have a bad valve or pump but depending upon the amount of water you used with one or the other this could have filled that one up. If shutting off the outside water stopped the leaks it very well could be a valve or pump.

The TV situation is a normal problem and if you do a search on the site you will see some fixes.

I think the fresh water valve overflowed into the grey 2 tank ...

dealers said "only" our rig had a auto leveling grey water system and that caused grey 2 to fill ... what ???

thank you and i'll search on the TV problem ...

chiefaret

Well I took the leap today. With all the searches and investigation on tires, I had decided on Maxxis ST tires. I thought the G614 was overkill on my tow behind, but after considerable discussion with the folks at Discount, jumped in and went with Michelin XPS ribs which is a LT tire. Lots of good reviews. Had to buy rims as well which made the pucker factor even greater. But no buyers remorse, just a bit lighter in the wallet. Wanted to get the blowmax off there before heading to Brenda in Jan.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Steve:
Congrats on the new wheels.....I know you will be happy and no more looking over your shoulder for when the towmax will blow...

See you both next month..

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I posted this elsewhere in the forums here . . . but I'll share it again with youz guyz:

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Santa.jpg

Only three weeks away before we head out for Quartzsite!