bad storm

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
About 1:00 a.m. this morning a terrible storm visited our area and made a mess.Thunder,lightening,rain,hail,and strong wind.The wind blew a tree over and it fell on our Landmark.It didn't go through the roof,but it did leave 4 deep indentions in the part of the roof where it rounds or wraps over the edge.The refrigerator vent cover and the two vent covers for the plumbing are broken.I also have some scratches down the side of the camper form the falling limbs.There are also 4 holes in the outer layer of the roof.Doesn't seem to be any internal damage to the camper.The slide outs all work as they should.Very sickening feeling.I was upset over the damage and then I drove down the road and saw my neighbors home.It was demolished.Other folks had major damage as well.So it really is as they say,"you don't have to look very far to find someone in worse shape than you."

jnbhobe

Sorry to hear of all the damage; But its just stuff that can be fixed or replaced. Thank God you or your neighbors are safe and unhurt.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OMG - sorry to hear about the damage to the LM. Also sorry to hear about your neighbors. The storm came thru TN with vengeance but didn't hurt us. What's going to be your status for next weekend and is there anything we can due?
B--

trdeal

OMG - sorry to hear about the damage to the LM. Also sorry to hear about your neighbors. The storm came thru TN with vengeance but didn't hurt us. What's going to be your status for next weekend and is there anything we can due?
B--
the roof is damaged pretty bad,but it is not leaking that I can see.As far as we know we will be there with the Landmark.When I first saw the tree laying on it I wasn't sure what we would do_Our son came over and helped me cut the tree off the roof and clean up the mess.A few holes in the top membrane,but I caulked them to keep the rain out.Adjuster is coming tomorrow and I have an appointment to get an estimate on Monday.Thanks for your offer to help but I think things are under control.And you are right it is just stuff that can be replaced.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I hope that repairs are made soon, and that we see you on the rally circuit. It sounds as if your damage could have been a lot worse as the destruction to your neighbors house was so close. It certainly was a strong and vast storm system. We also had strong thunderstorms and high winds about 4:00 am, but thankfully no property damage. Glad you are well.

trdeal

I hope that repairs are made soon, and that we see you on the rally circuit. It sounds as if your damage could have been a lot worse as the destruction to your neighbors house was so close. It certainly was a strong and vast storm system. We also had strong thunderstorms and high winds about 4:00 am, but thankfully no property damage. Glad you are well.
Thanks Eric.It could have been alot worse.Talked to the shop that I will probably let repair it and they said they could get on it fairly quickly.Thanks again.Be safe.Looking forward to seeing you guys around a campfire somewhere.

davebennington

Terry,

Good to hear that the damage is not as bad as it could have been. The important thing is you and Renee are OK, things can be replace people can not. Like I said when we spoke yesterday if you need any help we are there for you.

Dave & Julie

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Terry, glad to hear you guys are all safe and sound and that the Landmark is at least repairable. We hope all goes well with the repairs.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Terry & Renee,

So sorry to hear about the damage to your "classic". Thankfully, it was not any worse and my Best Bud and my Best Bud's Bud are ok! You'll get the LM fixed and have lot's of campfire conversation about this in the future. Love you guys and just happy you are ok!

lduguay

I am wondering about this "storm" story.......Terry was talking about adding a "sun room" to the Landmark when we were camping with them a couple weeks ago.....I wonder if the insurance company is helping him out???? :rolleyes:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Glad you and Renee are OK. Hopefully we'll see you at Cherokee.

Last edited:

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Terry, Glad to hear that it was only minor damage and that they can get the repairs done this week.The main think is that both you and Renee are doing good. See you in a few weeks.
Dale

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Renee and Terry -- So sorry to hear about the damage to your rig. Thank goodness you both are okay. We have lots of trees around our house and I am always worried about one of them falling either on the house, our rig, or one of the vehicles. Hope you get patched up quickly and we are looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Sorry to hear about the damage TR, glad its not any worse. Been there done that last summer when we had a tree fall on ours. Only advice I can give you is make sure your insurance company and your shop get together on what needs to be done. we had a long battle to get the entire rubber roof replaced, The manufacturer said with no exceptions that they would not warranty a rubber roof that was pieced or repaired. Insurance company didnt want to replace the whole rubber roof, Had to stand our ground and make them fix it right.

hillsonwheels

Hey,

As fellow Heartland owners we can all feel the pain! Your baby!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Having said that, glad you two weren't damaged!! Hope the repair folks and your insurance company can come to a quick (and proper) meeting of the minds.

As you say, hope to see you around a campfire. Safe traveling.

Dick

trdeal

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and your advice.Hope to get the repair process started the week after 4 Paws rally.Gotta have" mom and dads play house"ready to roll before July 4th.

trdeal

I am wondering about this "storm" story.......Terry was talking about adding a "sun room" to the Landmark when we were camping with them a couple weeks ago.....I wonder if the insurance company is helping him out???? :rolleyes:
Now Lance,you know that a "new sunroom",would only cost about $200.00 bucks.(private joke).About the same price as those backing lessons.

jbeletti

Wow Terry, sorry to hear you got bit in that storm. Happy you guys were not hurt. See you at 4Paws.

Jim

trdeal

Wow Terry, sorry to hear you got bit in that storm. Happy you guys were not hurt. See you at 4Paws.

Jim
Hey Jim,how about bringing Heartlands mobile roof repair team with you to 4 Paws.The repairs could all be made while we watch.I think we could even find a hot dog or a roasted marshmellow for them.