Baja traveling ?????????????

We just purchased a new Bighorn 3010.
We have traveled in Baja many times, but that was 30 years ago, tent camping.
Wondering about roads, safety, gas stations (diesel), etc., in Baja. We want to go down all the way to visit friends.
How bad is it ?! Thanks for any info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

I think you can do a search and find groups that travel down each year. You don't say if you are talking about a trip all the way down Baja Sur or just Norte. The Baja of today is not the Baja of days ago. My wife and I back-roaded much of the area and beaches from La Paz to Los Cabos to Los Frailes, during those years. I would not even think of doing it today. The push by the Mexican government to make the area into a tourist destination brought in labor from the main land which changed the culture. Drug runners found an easier route than coming up the main land routes. Travel is still safe, in groups but traveling alone is not something I would recommend especially after dark. We have many friends who travel into Mexico, especially to Rocky Point from here and it is not a problem. I think you will find some good info with a search for RV travel in Baja just consider the changes that have taken place over the years.