BAL Accu-Slide Right Pulley Assembly

TianCi

I have a 2014 Rushmore with the BAL Accu-slide on the bedroom slide. After finding two sheared off screws (heads), I discovered the right pulley assembly has two sheared screws (see image of assembly below). This installation is with the motor and adjustment cables on the bottom, behind the bed. I have three questions:
1. Is there any special trick to accessing this location (see image below)? I have removed the bottom of the bed storage area, the rear access panel, and crawled in there, but it looks extremely tight to get to the chains, etc. to make any adjustments.
2. Can I simply loosen the adjustment nuts on the chains to remove tension on the corner pulley assembly to gain access to the broken screws? My plan is to remove tension, expose broken screws and remove, then install new screws. Then tighten chain assembly to original tension (if possible).
3. Has anyone experienced this or have an idea as to the root cause of the sheared screws? I would like to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2021 06 14 Accu-slide Assembly.png
    2021 06 14 Accu-slide Assembly.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • 2021 06 14 Slide Pully Assembly.png
    2021 06 14 Slide Pully Assembly.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 41

sengli

I had something very similar recently on my bed room slide as well. Never a problem till this spring. I think for my issue, one of the cable bars(the carriers where you tighten cables to), must have turned itself slightly and it "caught" on the passing assembly going the opposite direction. It stopped the mechanism completely and stalled the motor... and stressed the entire assembly. Sheared off a bolt head on the outside where the cable mounts to the slide side. Then my bottom "in" cables were super loose at that point. I ended up taking off the entire plywood platform of the bed frame, and you can get to most everything depending where the slide is.

Your plan of action sounds about right. Utube has a lot of videos on these cable slide systems. Check them out! Search BAL slide systems.

carl.swoyer

I have a 2014 Rushmore with the BAL Accu-slide on the bedroom slide. After finding two sheared off screws (heads), I discovered the right pulley assembly has two sheared screws (see image of assembly below). This installation is with the motor and adjustment cables on the bottom, behind the bed. I have three questions:
1. Is there any special trick to accessing this location (see image below)? I have removed the bottom of the bed storage area, the rear access panel, and crawled in there, but it looks extremely tight to get to the chains, etc. to make any adjustments.
2. Can I simply loosen the adjustment nuts on the chains to remove tension on the corner pulley assembly to gain access to the broken screws? My plan is to remove tension, expose broken screws and remove, then install new screws. Then tighten chain assembly to original tension (if possible).
3. Has anyone experienced this or have an idea as to the root cause of the sheared screws? I would like to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks!
What is the location of the pulley and does your cable look like this ?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
4d67ce99c22659c958a239ab47fda2d0.jpg

Last edited:

TianCi

What is the location of the pulley and does your cable look like this ?

4d67ce99c22659c958a239ab47fda2d0.jpg
The lower cable is not as loose as shown in your picture. The pulley assembly with the sheared screw heads is on the bottom right corner. The motor, chain, etc. are located on the bottom of the slide, behind the bed.

carl.swoyer

The lower cable is not as loose as shown in your picture. The pulley assembly with the sheared screw heads is on the bottom right corner. The motor, chain, etc. are located on the bottom of the slide, behind the bed.
We're you able to fix it?

TianCi

Not yet. However, I happen to be back where we bought the trailer (we live and travel full-time), and they are able to get me in next week. It may also be covered on our extended warranty. So, I decided to let them repair it! We'll see how it goes, and hopefully, they will teach me a few things along the way! 😄

carl.swoyer

Not yet. However, I happen to be back where we bought the trailer (we live and travel full-time), and they are able to get me in next week. It may also be covered on our extended warranty. So, I decided to let them repair it! We'll see how it goes, and hopefully, they will teach me a few things along the way!
Ask them to do a video of the repairs then others can review it