Battery Disconnect On Sundance

OBX_Raineys

I searched for this topic before I posted, but is there a battery disconnect on the Sundance 5th wheels? I am transitioning from a Raptor to the Sundance and the Raptor has that capability. Certainly would help preserve the battery life.

danemayer

Hi OBX_Raineys,

I don't know the answer, but if it doesn't come with a cutoff switch, you should have your dealer install it for you, or you can do it yourself.

123camper

Easy to do. Amazon has battery disconnect switches from $6 to $50. I picked one for $15 and a 18 in cable for less than $10. Mounted it to the floor in front of the battery. I made a bracket our of L shaped stainless (already had it) .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobX2

I just unhook my negative cable from the battery. That costs $0. About as easy as it gets.

Bogie

I have a 2011 Sundance 245RL and it does have a disconnect switch. I simply turn it off whenever in storage. I only disconnect the batteries cables in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron-Cookie

I have a 2013 Sundance 3000MK and it did not have one but it was the first thing I added when I bought the trailer... Just make sure that you leave it on when you travel so that your brake-away switch can apply the brakes should they be needed when you are traveling!