Battery Not charging from house power

Phlatkat

I'm not the most electrically in tune but I'll try to describe the problem. We have a brand new 2021 North Trail 22 CRB TT. When I check the front jack with shore power on the jack runs fine and the battery shows between 12.5 and 13 volts dc. The minute I take the house power off of the unit the battery shows absolutely no voltage. I hook the truck up running and also nothing. The cutoff is on, so unless it's faulty it should be good (even tried it in the "off" position to make sure some goober hadn't wired it backward. Not sure what's going on. Any suggestions? Can't take the rig off the truck without shore power now and we're leaving on our first trip next week. Will take it to the dealer but wanted to have an idea of what might be going on before the filled me full of BS.

danemayer

If the front jack runs and battery shows voltage while on shore power, that power is coming from the Power Converter, not from the dead battery. I'd suggest taking the battery to an auto parts store or repair location and have it load tested. You may have a shorted cell or other problem keeping from getting and holding a charge. Another possibility is that the ground wire from the battery to frame is not making a good contact. Normally that would also disable the jack, but perhaps the jack motor has a separate ground to frame.

wdk450

I'm not the most electrically in tune but I'll try to describe the problem. We have a brand new 2021 North Trail 22 CRB TT. When I check the front jack with shore power on the jack runs fine and the battery shows between 12.5 and 13 volts dc. The minute I take the house power off of the unit the battery shows absolutely no voltage. I hook the truck up running and also nothing. The cutoff is on, so unless it's faulty it should be good (even tried it in the "off" position to make sure some goober hadn't wired it backward. Not sure what's going on. Any suggestions? Can't take the rig off the truck without shore power now and we're leaving on our first trip next week. Will take it to the dealer but wanted to have an idea of what might be going on before the filled me full of BS.

If you can't get this fixed in a timely manner, maybe you can get a hold of a small generator for your trip to run the jack through the shorepower converter.