Battery Not Charging On Shore Power

Ridges

I have a 2017 Heartland Torque and my battery is not charging when connected to shore power. I have read the Heartland Owners Forum Manual 12V block diagram and diagnostics

"Note that the output of the Power Converter goes to the fuse box inside the trailer, and to the battery. And the output of the battery goes to the fuse box inside the trailer. Power can flow in both directions. Also note that the battery path goes through a 12V mini-circuit breaker that has a manual reset. If that breaker ever trips, the battery will not get recharged and will not be able to supply power to the fuse box for times where there is no shore power available."

I have looked for the referenced 12V mini-circuit breaker and can't locate it. Can anyone tell me where it is at on my unit. Is this my problem. Battery is new. Connections are tight and clean.

sengli

Not sure from your listing whether your torque is a TT, or a fifth wheel version. On a fifth wheel they are in the front compartment right above the batteries. On the right side of photo ...see the red rubber capped mini breakers. Just get your DVM , and you should easily be able to trace your +12volts. Can you test the voltage on the output of the converter?

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    667.2 KB · Views: 49

wdk450

Trace the red wire(s) connected to the positive terminal of the battery and trace back to the breakers buss.

Daley07

When you hook your RV into a power pedestal or a 120V electrical outlet, all of your AC appliances will operate onboard. A converter to convert AC power to DC is required to securely charge the batteries. Charging RV batteries with shore power necessitates the proper amp rating. Determine whether the campground has a 30-amp or a 50-amp hookup.

Last edited:

wdk450

These converters have a history of coming unplugged from the 110 volt power outlet supplying them while rolling down the highway.