Bedroom slide floor replacement.

bhendrix

HI i have a 2019 413 road warrior with water damage in the outer most front of the bedroom slide where the first roller is. Has anyone else experienced this and fixed yourself. This has the schwintek slide.

sengli

I can only comment that if I had this type of damage, I would look up affinity RV repair in Goshen, Indiana. They work with heartland, and these guys know how to deal with repairs of this magnitude. My first thought is the slide would have to be removed with a forklift, and so on.

LBR

HI i have a 2019 413 road warrior with water damage in the outer most front of the bedroom slide where the first roller is. Has anyone else experienced this and fixed yourself. This has the schwintek slide.

Yes...did it 1 year ago with our 2017 CY. Wasn't too hard with the right tools and an extra pair of hands when needed to support the far end of sub-flooring...just took several days total because of my glueing portion of the project I waited 2 days between 2 different phases.

bhendrix

Yes...did it 1 year ago with our 2017 CY. Wasn't too hard with the right tools and an extra pair of hands when needed to support the far end of sub-flooring...just took several days total because of my glueing portion of the project I waited 2 days between 2 different

thewanderingeight

I had to replace the slide subfloor in our previous travel trailer due to water damage. I decided to cut the floor and only replace about 1/3 of it since it only had water damage in the corner. I used some metal mending strips to hold the two separate pieces together so you wouldn't feel one sag as you walked across them. If I had to do it again, I found there are metal brackets for plywood that are meant to help mend two pieces together, that may have been easier.

Overall, if you have the tools and patience, it can be a DIY job. There are several videos on YouTube where people have shown how they did it.

Bbell

Hi,

I just saw your post about your 2019 rw413 with a a wet floor in the outer most front corner of the bedroom slide. I have a 2018 with the exact same problem. Did you find out where the water was coming in? Thanks in advance!