Bedroom slide leaking from the bottom. Has this happened to anyone?

My bedroom slide has been leaking on both sides. I originally thought it was the windows or maybe the roof, but after removing one of the walls it looks like it is coming from the bottom left corner. My dining room slide is doing the same thing. Has anyone see this before? The only thing I can think of is it is coming in from the around the metal strip along the bottom of the slide on the outside. All of the panels are warped and will be replaced when they arrive this week. IMG_9675.jpg

Hollandt

I had an issues with my slide getting wet from the bottom while driving in rain. Located over the wheels. The seal at the bottom of the slide had a 1" gap before sealing. I had to add an additional sealing strip as well as some waterproofing to stop the wetness.

david-steph2018

Luckly, we have not had this issue. But I have met some who have the issues. They had to have the slide rebuilt and reinstalled.

thewanderingeight

I had this exact issue when we bought our Milestone. I mostly fixed the issue by caulking above and below the black bar on the bottom of the slide. It was still getting a little wet, so I watched the slide while it rained and found the water was streaming directly over some screws. I pulled the screws, filled the holes with caulk, and then put them back in to help seal the holes. That seems to have fixed it. I still check the corners during heavy rain and so far, so good!

centerline

I noticed that the bottom of the bedroom slide in our trailer was soft where the front roller is, so I re-caulked all the joints/seams, and then used the gorilla brand roof seal tape, cut down the middle in to two strips, to cover all the screw heads, as sometimes these do NOT seal like they should during the build of the unit....
I also re-caulked the windows on the slides, as there could be an unseen leak around them also...

I did the same to all 3 slides to insure there are no future problems that would have otherwise been preventable....

then, on the bedroom slide where the wet/soft spot was, I gently cut away a fairly large section of the skin under the slide where it had a divit, (showing it being soft, right where the roller rode when it was stowed) to expose the soft wood..... it wasnt as bad as it could have been, but after removing what I could and setting a fan on it for a week to get it all dry, I then then replaced the rotted wood with new (all edges cut on a bevel so the weight wouldnt cause it to push up thru) and epoxied it in...
then I epoxied the skin back on and used marinetex to fill the kerf line where I cut the skin.... after fairing it out, one would never know it had work done there...

after all that was complete, I drilled (2) 5/16" holes, one at the forward end of the repair, and one at the aft end of the repair, about an inch away the structural trim.... then used a caulking gun to inject slightly thickened epoxy into the repaired area where there was still a bit of rotted wood that I couldnt get to (due to not wanting to remove the structural trim on the bottom edge of the slide).... after the slow fill with epoxy and it started to ooze out the other hole, I then inserted plastic plugs in the holes to hold the epoxy in, and let it cure.... then used the white marinetex to fair out the holes.... this filled the area solidly so I have no worries about it ever being a soft spot again...