Bedroom slide-out seals

dwayneb

Greetings all,
The wiper seals running down the sides of the bedroom slide have broken away from the wall where they are attached. I am talking about the thin pieces of rubber, not the D shaped seals that seal when the slide is closed. These are the seals that wipe the sides as the slide goes in and out. The wiper seals are broken on both sides of the slideout. Has anyone replaced these or come up with an alternative. It looks to me as if the only way to actually replace the original seals would require the removal of the slideout itself. I am attaching photos.top.jpginside2.jpgoutside.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter had a similar seal failure on her SOB.
I did a little measuring and was able to find some straight seals that had sticky tape on them. The wiper seals come in different sizes.
I cleaned the frame with alcohol and stuck the new wiper seals on.
Still holding up well.

Peace
Dave

dwayneb

Thanks Dave. That's good to know because there doesn't seem to be any way to actually replace the originals. I don't suppose you remember where you got them from. I have found lots of the D style seals.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Seals came from eBay. Look HERE.
Different lengths and widths available.
Seller was recprousa in Elkhart IN.

Peace
Dave

Routemaster

Our bedroom seal inside and outside are shot, with the inside seal do you have to take of the wood trim around the slide out to get to replace the seal mine looks different to your picture D.
Does that seal slide in? Under the tools section looked up BAL says 3:02 for info about wipes not seeing it?
Edit.
Anyone know how to move back the slide back on center the right is almost touching the trim then the inside is so close not seeing how to get the wipe out does it pull out coming in?
Last winter I added weather strip cause so drafty I would need to add some to the back of wood trim not shutting off.
Now at the top no "D" seal to shut off wall to facia look at the height of steel pressing would need a pretty tall "D" seal maybe a swimming noodle to fill the gap. :-(
Den.

Attachments

• Top inside.JPG
    Top inside.JPG
    437.1 KB · Views: 34
  • In side b l1.JPG
    In side b l1.JPG
    484.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Inside b l.JPG
    Inside b l.JPG
    457.2 KB · Views: 28
  • out lt.JPG