Bedroom slide seals.

Dan50

I have a Heartland Big Country 3950FB. The vertical"flipper" style gaskets have ripped and torn from the side of the bedroom slide and need to be replaced. They seem to be attached to a flat metal bar that is attached to the edge of the slide cutout itself. I hope I have explained this properly. Has anyone had this problem and replaced these gaskets? Does the slide itself need to be removed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE.

I figured it out. The seal is fitted into a channel in the metal bar. Thanks all.

Last edited:

sengli

The seals on ours are all the same all around the slide out BR slide enclosure, and they have a single screw on either end of that seal to lock in it in place...and it slides out of the track it is mounted in.

A lot of these seals can be bought from: steelerubberproducts.com

Hi Dave.
The question I have is how do you do the inside one.
I purchased the seal you told me about, and plan on doing it this Winter when we go South.
I know you did them all, but forgot to ask you about the inside seal replacement, outside is easy.

Hockster

CoveredWagon

I just put the slide in or out until I was able to reach them. Our bedroom has as sliding door into the bathroom so I was able to reach the seal from there. The other seal was reached while working from the walk in closet.
One of mine was laying on the floor and the other was about 1/2 off.

I have a Heartland Big Country 3950FB. The vertical"flipper" style gaskets have ripped and torn from the side of the bedroom slide and need to be replaced. They seem to be attached to a flat metal bar that is attached to the edge of the slide cutout itself. I hope I have explained this properly. Has anyone had this problem and replaced these gaskets? Does the slide itself need to be removed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE.

I figured it out. The seal is fitted into a channel in the metal bar. Thanks all.

Hi. I’m having same problem figuring out how the wiper seal attaches. Is it possible you could send me a picture of how that wiper attaches? I just can’t figure it out. Thanks

CoveredWagon

Hi. I’m having same problem figuring out how the wiper seal attaches. Is it possible you could send me a picture of how that wiper attaches? I just can’t figure it out. Thanks
The new seal has a pressure sensitive tape. You just stick it on the metal and it's done. I'm sorry but I have no pictures. RV is put up till June.

wdk450

These rubber slideout seals deteriorate heavily from solar UV radiation and atmospheric ozone (smog). This is worst in the sunniest states (West and South).
I am thinking i am going to experiment with coating the exposed to the sun sides of the seals next time I replace them. I might either try the Henrys 887 Tropicool elastometric silicone roof coating (which is white), or maybe just black gorilla tape.

Roller4tan

The seals are put on before the slide is installed. The inner and outer seal are one piece It brackets "[" the slide opening. To replace the outside wiper and d seal, I had to use a box cutter to cut the outside portion off. The new wiper uses pressure tape to install and the new D seal slides into the grooves on the wiper seal.

The seals are put on before the slide is installed. The inner and outer seal are one piece It brackets "[" the slide opening. To replace the outside wiper and d seal, I had to use a box cutter to cut the outside portion off. The new wiper uses pressure tape to install and the new D seal slides into the grooves on the wiper seal.
Thanks for replying. I can use the pressure sensitive tape wipers for each vertical side. However, the top wiper seal is different. It doesn’t have metal strip between D seal and wiper seal. What can be done for top wiper seal? Thanks

Thanks for replying. I can use the pressure sensitive tape wipers for each vertical side. However, the top wiper seal is different. It doesn’t have metal strip between D seal and wiper seal. What can be done for top wiper seal? Thanks
Update Is this the correct horizontal top wiper?

Attachments

• BB0BF698-D279-445C-86D3-46038ACFFB3E.png
    BB0BF698-D279-445C-86D3-46038ACFFB3E.png
    770 KB · Views: 30
No, my vertical slide wiper seals are not the same. Original vertical seals are installed while slide is out of unit. Found stick on seals as replacement. The horizontal seal is a one piece double wiper seal like picture. Be aware AP makes 2 different widths. 1 1/4” and 2” wide. Part numbers only differ by one number. So look carefully. Narrow one is 018-2080-168. Wide one is 018-2030-168. Best price for me was at local rv store because the 14’ length makes shipping costs almost as much as the seal!

asrtaylor

UPDATE.

I have a 2012 Landmark Mesa that the vertical bedroom slide wiper gaskets sound the same as yours. With mine, I have to access from inside with the bedroom slide in, and the wiper slides into the metal channel from the top (no adhesive tape at all). The wiper rubber is 1.5" wide and the track is grooved.

What replacement part number did you use for the new wiper seal? I can't tell of the wiper is at a 45 degree angle from the track part on purpose, or just like that from years of use. Any ideas?

IMG_3571.jpg

Dan50

I have a 2012 Landmark Mesa that the vertical bedroom slide wiper gaskets sound the same as yours. With mine, I have to access from inside with the bedroom slide in, and the wiper slides into the metal channel from the top (no adhesive tape at all). The wiper rubber is 1.5" wide and the track is grooved.

What replacement part number did you use for the new wiper seal? I can't tell of the wiper is at a 45 degree angle from the track part on purpose, or just like that from years of use. Any ideas?

View attachment 68792
This is what I needed and used.

asrtaylor

This is what I needed and used.
Thank you for your rapid response!!! There is a 9/16" rubber piece for the one you used that mine does not have, don't think it will matter for my install, and I can trim it off if need be. Thank you once again for your assistance!

Dan50

That extra 9/16 piece gives you better coverage of the opposite side of the connection. I only trimmed it where the cables go through.